In need of a housemate

ZachAttack

This is not a choice I'd like to make but as money is tight I could do with the extra income. Has anyone else found a housemate that they have been able to trust with their dogs before? I would be leaving them with him/her for a long time as I work 12 hour shifts so need someone good with dogs but I find trusting strangers hard. Am I being paranoid?

Edited by ZachAttack

Not paranoid but careful imo. I would have the same feeling. If you do find somebody trust your gut and of course do a full police check :D... and rremember they have to trust you as well...

Definitely not being paranoid.   You wouldn't leave your human kids with just any Tom, dick, or Harry.   So it stands to reason that the same applies for your dogs too.  Particularly with a breed like a husky, who are notorious escape artists.  

It helps if your housemate also has a dog, or at least likes them, that'd be the first thing I'd check. I lived with housemates that also had a husky and had no issues, in fact it was good as I knew the huskies would keep each other company while I was out :) Best to really get to know them first before committing to anything.