Windows 10

robke

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, robke said:

yes it brings over all history etc from your old o/s...

Thanks Rob.  I've just had a go with CCleaner and that told me pretty much the same thing.  had a load of .tmp files and local data that could only be there if it had been carried over during the upgrade.    Seems to have worked but my CCleaner had a bit of a divvy moment and refused to close down, lol.  I'll have to look into my programmes and see if they need updating to be compatible.  it's mainly superantispyware and CCleaner that I use on this laptop. 

Oh I've just tried right clicking on the start menu, I see now what you were trying to tell me, lol.   Control panel's listed right there, lol.  I was worried it was gonna convert my screen to the old windows 8 layout, so I was afraid to touch it, pmsl.

edit:  just told my dad and he's not happy as he's still running xp (too tight to upgrade any further until his one totally keels over) and he said that windows xp and vista are 32 bit systems whereas windows 7 and over are 64 bit systems, so he probably couldn't upgrade to windows 10 even if he wanted to.  I wonder if that's why the offer for free windows 10 was only offered to windows 7 and over, because of that difference?

The Windows 7 to 10 upgrade was offered because a large infact VERY large number of people got win 8 then down graded to win 7

For a while you couldnt find a win 7 disk in stores after 8  came out as every one buying machines with 8 were buying them to get rid

of it.