Site Changes

Marc

Have been working on some site changes and fixes to try and get this place back up to scratch. Still a way to go but hopefully going in the right direction.

1. Skin changed to a fixed width rather than fluid. I will however, once I have finished all amendments on the skin add both versions so that people can choose whichever one suits them the best.
  2. Removed background image. Dunno why, it just somehow looks cleaner
  3. Reduced the shadowing on forums as it was interupting layout
  4. Upgraded to latest version to ensure that we have the latest bug fixes
  5. Run optimisation on database tables to speed up the reload of some areas on the site that were running quite slow
  6. Changed settings to show who liked content on the site rather than just giving a number of people who liked
  7. Added additional security settings for admin areas (yeah I know it doesn't affect you guys, but will if it ended up going down because of it)
  8. Fixed feed permissions issues
  9. Increased feed refresh rate on main page
  10. Popular topics now changed to be 10 posts in the last 2 hours
  11. Facebook login now active - You can link your Facebook to the site so you can login with Facebook from your account settings. You can also synchronise your Facebook photo with here and same with statuses.
  12. Google+ login now active - You can link your google+ to the site so you can login with google+ from your account settings. You can also synchronise your Google+ photo with here and same with statuses.
  13. Twitter login now active - You can link your Twitter account to the site so you can login with Twitter from your account settings. You can also synchronise your Twitter photo with here and same with statuses.

Linked in login now active - You can link your Linked in account to the site so you can login with Linked in from your account settings. You can also synchronise your Linked in photo with here.

Caching issue causing avatars to show up on incorrect accounts now resolved

Ability to remove messages from your message area is now re-added along with the ability to create folders and organise

Site home page now 2 column rather than 3 to accommodate the new layout

OK, the Popular topics I was referring to are marked as popular after x replies over a given period. Its not the topic feed at the top of the forum. That will remain at 5 as we have the live feed on the home page (which is actually better anyways as its live updating)

• 3 weeks later...

@Marc   is probably the best person to answer this one.  :)

At some point I will yes. In process of changing jobs at the moment which should give me a lot more time for here, so I will be concentrating on things like this, and indeed some very very new things ;) 

Did you add chat to tappatalk? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We dont add anything to tapatalk, we only provide the interface to allow login and to access posts