We have a visitor!

Oops! We appear to have brought a dog home with us from the rescue XLCR off-lead when we went up there! In our defence, we fostered Bolt for 6 months up until a year ago when he went to his furever home. But it wasn't to be and he's had to come back in, so we've taken him for a few days to give him a bit of tlc. He really, really needs someone who'll run him (he's been run for 4 or 5 miles every day in the last year) so won't stay long with us

_MG_1146FB.thumb.jpg.bf7c0d0463ef98b5385

Was quite touched when we saw him again for the first time in a year - I'd sat down in the off-lead and, without prompting, he came and lay down next to me! I'm not a great believer in dogs remembering a great number of things but I certainly pretended that he obviously recognised me, LOL! Though he did run across the off-lead when called by the name we gave him when we fostered him

_MG_1471FB.thumb.jpg.b0d2b274e193c8780b8

Here he is playing with NewSky (to differentiate her from our Sky!) who we'd collected from the kebab shop outside where she was dumped out of a car (we knew her name as she's chipped - was owned by someone who couldn't look after her when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour and he gave her away, possibly to the people who dumped her). Yet another lovely dog who, through no fault of her own, has ended up in rescue - hopefully she'll be adopted quickly as she's lovely (well, they all are!)

_MG_1315FB.thumb.jpg.825fff9123c0f52faea

I would give a home but I have a rule no more than three dogs at a time, and I am at that with my three. I defiantly want to find some husky play mates and walking buddies for my boy, as he seemed to enjoy meeting a husky last week 

I would give a home but I have a rule no more than three dogs at a time, and I am at that with my three. I defiantly want to find some husky play mates and walking buddies for my boy, as he seemed to enjoy meeting a husky last week 

You could always foster, Paul - and you've got that interesting place in Cardiff (about which I know little but think they take rescues for free?)  Action Petz

Not enough room for another dog 3 max I did foster for a while but when I got sent a couple house trained well behaved dogs that were not and ripped up my lino and messed everywhere I gave up being told a dog is house trained and then waking up to find puddles and piles all over the carpet is not very nice worse that they have eaten a 3 foot hole in the kitchen lino

Telling the folks you foster for and they not even saying sorry or offering to help with the cost of new lino for the kitchen for giving you a dog you later found out they knew was destructive and NOT house trained as it had been in several other foster homes and done similar damage put me off the idea

My two sheps one of each are good natured and get along with other dogs so taking a third wasn't an issue as long as it wasn't a threat to them but being  sent a couple home wreckers that made a huge mess and wrecked the place put an end to that. Until I heard about a husky that needed a home so I took him and other than the occasional 4am woofhowlgrowl (huskies make such hard to describe sounds lol) in the ear as he wants out or his water bowl filled he has been a good dog

If I move to a place with a Garden I might foster again but not right now. I live in a Flat on the side of a steep hill so steep that there is a walkway to the hill behind me on the forth floor so to walk the dog I just walk out my door open back door to block walk about 2 hundred yards and I have a gate to a mountain. So the lack of a garden to me is not an issue small Welsh town I can walk the hills around the town and its 12.5 miles or do lots of looping walks around the place without retracing my steps. the only short up and down same path walk I have is the pre dinner early morning before coffee quickie walk.  Rest of the time its a circular walk and the odd day trip to places like Cardiff or Barry Island. Just wish I could walk with more huskies or find a good place for an off lead play with other dogs for him. Every where around me is too open for him to get let off the lead other than a basket ball court in the park

Not enough room for another dog 3 max I did foster for a while but when I got sent a couple house trained well behaved dogs that were not and ripped up my lino and messed everywhere I gave up being told a dog is house trained and then waking up to find puddles and piles all over the carpet is not very nice worse that they have eaten a 3 foot hole in the kitchen lino

Telling the folks you foster for and they not even saying sorry or offering to help with the cost of new lino for the kitchen for giving you a dog you later found out they knew was destructive and NOT house trained as it had been in several other foster homes and done similar damage put me off the idea

My two sheps one of each are good natured and get along with other dogs so taking a third wasn't an issue as long as it wasn't a threat to them but being  sent a couple home wreckers that made a huge mess and wrecked the place put an end to that. Until I heard about a husky that needed a home so I took him and other than the occasional 4am woofhowlgrowl (huskies make such hard to describe sounds lol) in the ear as he wants out or his water bowl filled he has been a good dog

If I move to a place with a Garden I might foster again but not right now. I live in a Flat on the side of a steep hill so steep that there is a walkway to the hill behind me on the forth floor so to walk the dog I just walk out my door open back door to block walk about 2 hundred yards and I have a gate to a mountain. So the lack of a garden to me is not an issue small Welsh town I can walk the hills around the town and its 12.5 miles or do lots of looping walks around the place without retracing my steps. the only short up and down same path walk I have is the pre dinner early morning before coffee quickie walk.  Rest of the time its a circular walk and the odd day trip to places like Cardiff or Barry Island. Just wish I could walk with more huskies or find a good place for an off lead play with other dogs for him. Every where around me is too open for him to get let off the lead other than a basket ball court in the park

Sorry to hear you've not had good experiences with fostering, Paul. I guess there's no certainty but we always try and ensure that info is accurate and therefore no misunderstandings. We've certainly never had any issues about which we weren't fully aware beforehand (no manners/training, in season, food/toy/male aggression, etc)

I guess you're up in the Valleys as you mention day trips to Cardiff/Barry (I lived in Penarth for a few decades) but, as I say, there's the place in Cardiff, Action Petz, that does offlead

Sorry to hear you've not had good experiences with fostering, Paul. I guess there's no certainty but we always try and ensure that info is accurate and therefore no misunderstandings. We've certainly never had any issues about which we weren't fully aware beforehand (no manners/training, in season, food/toy/male aggression, etc)

I guess you're up in the Valleys as you mention day trips to Cardiff/Barry (I lived in Penarth for a few decades) but, as I say, there's the place in Cardiff, Action Petz, that does offlead

Yes I have looked at that place might be fun to set up a group husky day out to hire the big room with all the ramps and toys see how a bunch of huskies react to all those interesting toys.

I can meet dogs up the hill in the park and stuff but not huskies but he has met one on a bridge to the park but only for a few mins