Moving to France! Questions about plane.

Frenchie

Hi everyone,

So myself and Mishka are officially moving to France on the 11th of July.

We are taking the plane, and I've never flown with a dog before, passport, vaccinations and crate are sorted. (Aswell as Mishka being allowed to gain 35 more kilograms according to her weight limit on the ticket lol)

We are flying from London to Paris (1h20 flight) and have a 3 hour break before flying to Toulouse (1h30 flight).

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

How is the whole checking in process?

Will I be able to take her out while in Paris?

And maybe some reassurance about dogs travelling on planes, because I am getting quite anxious about it, from Mishka being terrified, to her breaking out of the crate (she has gotten out of normal wire crates in the past) and general airport staff knowledge about dogs.

Yes I am very excited! Although a bit scared aswell lol I found some good advise on a dog group and talked to our vet this morning, he gave us some all natural calming capsules for the plane which should help. :) 92ca08e89a523902aa6e52576953c8b2.jpg Mishka's all ready to go! :)

I haven't move to France but i moved my Labrador to Lanzarote some years ago....check in was fine, we took him round to the cargo area and after checking that his crate was fine and his paperwork was in order they loaded him in a compartment of the hold which carried livestock and he was perfectly fine. He didn't mind the sounds on the run way and things (same can't be said for the cat who had an absolute eppy and scratched my then husband to bits! lol). 

I've flown with Dakota once and her predecessor twice- only once having a short 45min layover at which time I wasn't allowed to remove the dog. And while I wasn't allow nor would have had the time to check out and check-in my own dog during our short layover, you do have far more time. They might let you- who knows.

You'd be best to call your airline ahead of time and ask your questions directly because every airline is different and these are things you're going to want conformation for piece of mind.