Alaskan Forest Fire.

Emma

Saw some reports on that yesterday. Guess the rainfall has been way short and the watershed is drying up. While they are short of water, here in Iowa, we have had heavy rains several times in the last week or so.

This has made me very sad. Being very close with the mushing community it hits harder than any other disaster with it being right in the heart of all those mushers and their sleddogs. I can't imagine what they're going through, sleds lost that went through the iditarod, x-back harnesses that were used for years, along with pictures and whatever other momentos, burnt to nothing. And trying to evacuate, with all those dogs and trying to keep everything orderly and everyone safe, I still even now cannot imagine the amount of worry and stress they are dealing with. Apparently Monday the fire was pushed into wetlands which helped in their effort to contain it. I just hope it ends quickly and hope all those that have lost so much already are given strength to rebuild.