Please Keep Paws, Claws And Fingers Crossed :(

I've just returned from the emergency vet with my Leopard Gecko :(

I noticed tonight that he seemed lethargic and hadn't eaten much lately so I took him out and planned on redecorating his vivarium and cleaning it out.  However when I took him out his belly felt quite hard, so I put him on some glass so I could see underneath him - this is what I saw....

11209632_772246522890544_360905364723844

The blackness shouldn't be there and is a sign of impaction in the gut.  So i bathed him and rubbed his belly hoping it would ease it for him but it didn't work :(

I then discovered that lil dude is in fact a DUDETTE!!!!  Girls have 1 bump under their tail, males have 2..... I was sold a male so never thought to look as he matured so that was a shock!

After I bathed HER she became even more lethargic and couldn't hold her head up so I rushed her to the emergency vet and have just returned home now broken :(

They have admitted her and are starting her on anti inflamatories and fluid therapy immediately and tomorrow will take bloods and do an ultrasound 

I'm heartbroken, this was all so sudden !!  And with my chameleon being very poorly at the moment as well I just haven't any tears left to shed at this time :(

Please keep everything crossed my little princess will make it through :( :( :(

11181810_772274139554449_518433429998668

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I am so sorry.I know they aren't cuddly but these little creatures do really capture your heart just as much as furry pets do. I have got very attached to Craig's bearded dragon in fact I have taken over most of her care as he isn;t very interested. I know how upset you must be but you did your best for her. RIP little girl

thank you all x

I cleaned her viv out when I got home last night and was doing ok until i turned her light out then broke down again :(

It's so odd not seeing her little face pop up looking at me  :cry1:

I have to get through next Friday somehow - Sherlock is back at the vets and I don't think he will be coing back either so i'm all over the show at the moment and just can't stop crying :(

It is so hard to loose family members.I know there might be people that think that this may be silly but those of us who also have all kinds of family members know how much they were/are loved.My condolences from myself and Skye.

Sent from my iPad

post-13017-14311991881084_thumb.jpg

Sarah its so hard.  Poor little Dudette.  Sherlock will be fine, I'm sure, he's eating now.  I think we all know how you feel, no matter how small they are so much part of our lives, we care for them love em and they are like our closest family members. Closer sometimes they know your secrets your wishes and your dreams.  So here is a big hug and good wishes for Sherlock.  You can do know more than your best which you have certainly been doing. X  

Thank you xx sherlock has gotten worse again :( I think I may finally have to say goodbye on Friday am going to be a wreck at camp so will apologise in advance if I burst out crying on someone! !

sent via husky howls