Indi-Dog Discounts For Husky-Owners Members!

Sarah

• 4 months later...

I have some questions about the Indi dog harnesses....Ok, so has anyone here bought the Houdini harness?  just curious how strong it is,  because Ava pulls at the start of the walk if we are going hiking in the woods, she calms down after a bit but she gets so excited cuz we usually go to different trails each time, so everything is always new! Also, I've never purchased anything from the UK, what do I need to know about ordering, shipping, and delivery?

• Like 1

I do not have a houdini from Sid but know her work very well they are strong...also know people with a houdini harness and @Keeonah can confirm this I know...

ordering should be normal why not ask Sid on her facebook site there is even an Indi Dog USA page

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I have some questions about the Indi dog harnesses....Ok, so has anyone here bought the Houdini harness?  just curious how strong it is,  because Ava pulls at the start of the walk if we are going hiking in the woods, she calms down after a bit but she gets so excited cuz we usually go to different trails each time, so everything is always new! Also, I've never purchased anything from the UK, what do I need to know about ordering, shipping, and delivery?

Anything I've ever used including my walking belt are all very strong n have put up with mine pulling , they're tested on her own huskies , she also has a US distributor so shipping shouldn't take as long as it used to from UK to US , she has a Facebook page you can check out too which u can message her direct , I've not used the houdini but I do have a vari-fit harness from her n I absolutely love it!

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 3

I have the houdini, love it, very strong but lightweight and comfy, cleans up well too I would definitely recommend 092cc535a16ed380689bc016aa0bf492.png
It has an extra strap round the waist sk no wriggling out of it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I also had a handle stitched into Amys so I can grab her if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 4

I've got 2 Houdini harnesses for mine and they are great! My 2 pull quite a bit and the harnesses, leads and walking Belt I bought from her are really strong. I trust them more than any brand I've bought in a shop

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 3

Another question about the extras for the harness, I was wondering about the neck clips, handle and safety link, should I get them? Just wondering what benefit the neck clips have, I didn't see any pics of them on the site, was also wondering if the safety link would work with any collar or only theirs? I love the leashes, but I had to buy a special one for Ava that has a locking carabiner otherwise Buddha can unhook her if she has a regular leash on!!

• Like 1

The safety links work on any harness and collar, worth having in case they wriggle out of harness as you still have them attached to collar, sid can stitch them into the harness so you only have to clip one end on, the handle, I find useful when Amy is doing her kangaroo impression or to pull her out a rabbit hole when she’s shoulder deep in it ( often!!) [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a QUESTION about the Indi walking belts @BingBlaze n Skyla@Emma@Chelseafan @RachalASTRO, and is it called a Pro Belt @SirShiloh@Jay@Robke or anyone that can help me bcuz (*YOU ALL ARE SO WONDERFUL IN HELPING EVERYONE ON HERE*)!!!🤗[emoji8][emoji171]
When AJ & I walk our dogs, they PULL US OUT THE FRONT DOOR STEP BEING SO EXCITED and I always say that "we cannot control our dogs" while laughing though we've tried lots of training in back yard!
ARMANI (70lbs now) is just now doing really well & not pulling AJ so bad!! Then I walk ALINAH (42lbs) at the same time. (We definitely use harnesses as well). With ALINAH, I use "two" leashes connected on her harness (one for each of my arms) bcuz she pulls me so DANG HARD for being a sweet little thing!!
Note: (I have trouble with my painful left shoulder & painful right elbow...also have severe painful neck problems & severe lower back problems where my back surgeons says I have a broken back. Sorry to go into all that but trying to help me be able to handle ALINAH easier with less pain.) BUT NOTHING STOPS ME WITH MY PRECIOUS BABIES... ANYTHING FOR THEM!![emoji8][emoji170][emoji178][emoji252][emoji252]
*MY QUESTION* (Finally): I've been thinking about getting the Pro Belt or Walking Belt to help my own self with handling her. ALINAH pulls so hard, I'm afraid I'll fall and let go...I can never ever lose her or ARMANI EVER!! I want the Indi pro or walking belt to be another safety holder bcuz of my ailments and if I'd fall/let go etc.!!
Does the belt go around my waist and fasten and then you hook the leashes on somehow?? So sorry for all the questions you all!! Thank you@SARAH for helping with the code for Indi Products and starting this thread!!
🤗[emoji170][emoji252][emoji178][emoji252][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. I live in OHIO U.S.A.

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I have a QUESTION about the Indi walking belts @BingBlaze n Skyla[mention=6386]Emma[/mention][mention=13600]Chelseafan[/mention] @RachalASTRO, and is it called a Pro Belt @SirShiloh[mention=7184]Jay[/mention][mention=6001]Robke[/mention] or anyone that can help me bcuz (*YOU ALL ARE SO WONDERFUL IN HELPING EVERYONE ON HERE*)!!!🤗[emoji8][emoji171]
When AJ & I walk our dogs, they PULL US OUT THE FRONT DOOR STEP BEING SO EXCITED and I always say that "we cannot control our dogs" while laughing though we've tried lots of training in back yard!
ARMANI (70lbs now) is just now doing really well & not pulling AJ so bad!! Then I walk ALINAH (42lbs) at the same time. (We definitely use harnesses as well). With ALINAH, I use "two" leashes connected on her harness (one for each of my arms) bcuz she pulls me so DANG HARD for being a sweet little thing!!
Note: (I have trouble with my painful left shoulder & painful right elbow...also have severe painful neck problems & severe lower back problems where my back surgeons says I have a broken back. Sorry to go into all that but trying to help me be able to handle ALINAH easier with less pain.) BUT NOTHING STOPS ME WITH MY PRECIOUS BABIES... ANYTHING FOR THEM!![emoji8][emoji170][emoji178][emoji252][emoji252]
*MY QUESTION* (Finally): I've been thinking about getting the Pro Belt or Walking Belt to help my own self with handling her. ALINAH pulls so hard, I'm afraid I'll fall and let go...I can never ever lose her or ARMANI EVER!! I want the Indi pro or walking belt to be another safety holder bcuz of my ailments and if I'd fall/let go etc.!!
Does the belt go around my waist and fasten and then you hook the leashes on somehow?? So sorry for all the questions you all!! Thank you[mention=4]SARAH[/mention] for helping with the code for Indi Products and starting this thread!!
🤗[emoji170][emoji252][emoji178][emoji252][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. I live in OHIO U.S.A.

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Ill take pics of mine when I go walk them in about an hour , I step into mine because I'm too lazy to undo it then tighten it up , I wear mine lower down on my hips too there's a carabiner at the end that the dogs leads go on n screws shut

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

I feel for you, I had surgery on my spine 3 years ago and I use the walking belt no problem. It’s made to measure, indi dog website tell you where to measure. It fastens around your waist and you clip your harness on to the carabiner at the side of the belt, I had an extra one added so I clip Cai and Luka on. There’s a choice of colours as well and it’s washable. It doesn’t stop them pulling, at the beginning of a walk my 2 pull like mad so I have a lead on their collars and hold these then I connect a double ended clip lead onto their harness and connect to the walking belt, I find I have more control doing it like this. I find when they walk together on the walking belt they are less competitive as to who’s in front, less dragging you around. Indi dog also have padded head collars, not everyone likes these but I found them useful after my hand operations, I always think safety first, there’s so many cats and squirrels around here, nightmare!!

Made abit of a boo boo, I said you clip your harness onto the carabiner, sorry, you clip your lead onto the harness and then clip the other end of your lead onto the belt.

• Like 1

@ChelseaFan
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your story about spine surgery and your wrist, etc. I know you've had to have suffered alot with severe pain as well. (I don't ever want the 8-10hour lumbar/spine surgery that is required for me...just too scared I'd get paralyzed, and bcuz of my age & having Advanced Degenerative Disc Disease, I worry about not healing properly with the vertebrae L5/S1 out 65% and whether I'd heal correctly with those pinky-sized screws & other metal cages (SCARY)!!
Anyway, your waist belt & how you've got it set up seems great!! I don't trust me trying it with both dogs or atleast at first. AJ would have to be with me along with ARMANI & I'd have ALINAH. They both are doing better, but they're always about 5-6 rabbits & the dogs go crazy!! At night, we always see about 3-4 skunks so that gets even more wild for the dogs!
But thank you so very much for all your help!! Also, again that you @BingBlaze n Skyla for all your help as well!!
(I would pick a PURPLE waist belt!!!)
[emoji252][emoji171][emoji171]🤗[emoji171][emoji171][emoji252]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

• Like 1

The op is scary, with any spinal surgery there’s a risk of paralysis, I was really worried, I had lower discs shaved and 6 nerves in my right leg done, over3 months to recover. I’m having my left side done early next year, worried but it’s the same surgeon.
Using the waist belt helps me when taking both out, I find when they’re walking head to head they’re not as competitive and don’t pull as much but when Phil and I have one each they pull more.
Hope you manage to find some relief with your back. Chelseafan sounds abit mannish, my name is Janine, and we’re the same age!

• Like 1