4 Months Puppy Doesn't Eat Her Dry Food After She Got Back From The Vet

After we got back from the vet, (took her last booster vaccine), my 4 months female husky was normal for the first day. she ate her food and there is not anything noticeable.

However, on the second after the vet, i noticed she ate less and less of her food, which i normally fed her 2,3 cups a day (divided by 3 times). 

Third day ( which was yesterday), she refused to eat her dry food  (she completely ignore her bowl of food), so i had to mix it with rice, and she start to eat it just fine. 

Today, i tried to feed her with her regular dry food again, and she ignored it once again so i had to go mix it with rice. 

btw, i dont think it got to do with my choice of food (taste of the wild for puppy) because she been having it for 3 months or so.

Do i have to bring her back to the vet for them to check her out? is this a normal reaction after vaccine?

I would not worry too much about it, sometimes they may go off their food, and that's normal.  I would be concerned if they miss more than 2 days worth of food in a row.  Also, if they act lethargic or anything else seems off then that could be a sign something is wrong. 

Also, I would not put anything IN the food to get her to eat it.  If you put treats, or chicken or something else, she will expect it and it will just make the situation worse, as she will hold out for the good stuff! 

2-3 cups of food a day seems quite alot of food for a 4 month old puppy, unless of course your cups are tiny :)

How is her poo? Is she drinking, happy and alert?

These are the things you should be checking.

It maybe she's just not hungry :)

This sounds awfully familiar. After I got Mayka I started giving her something different from what she usually ate with the previous owner because I didn't trust the brand they were using. She loved it for the first 2 months and then she stopped eating. She would only eat half the portion once in a while. I was super concerned and took her to the vet and everything and his conclusion was that she was just being picky.

A month later I had to change the food because she developed some health problems and this new food is supposed to help her. As soon as I changed the food she started devouring it. About 2 months later, she started eating less and less again. However she's always willing to eat treats or something new. I no longer worry, she eats what she needs to eat and I just make sure she's healthy without pushing her to eat all the time.

With that being said, make sure everything else is alright because tons of things can make your dog lose their appetite; like pain, depression, etc.

Also, it does sound like a lot of food. I would double check that you're providing the correct amount for their age/ weight/ and target weight.

Also, I don't know if you're doing this already but make sure you don't leave the food out all the day to see if she'll eat it. Rather leave it out for 1-2 hrs during each meal time.

If the vet believes that this is a behavioral thing then I would also refrain from giving her something else besides her dry food because then she'll never eat her dry food by itself again. I made the mistake of adding things to Mayka's food and it only made the situation worse and we had to give her an appetite stimulant at some point.

Don't despair if she's eating less. If she's healthy maybe she's just not hungry and she's regulating her intake because she doesn't need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk