Excercing Huskies

I was thinking last night at how quiet and calm the house is every Sunday as Gizmo, Marley and Bandit are tierd from all the running they get when we take them out together on Sunday and when they just get a long walk they aren't even close to being tierd (apart from me, lol) as they haven't been able to run. So I then had a brainwave of buying this:

http://www.snowpawstore.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=260&cat=85

Before I do commit to getting this or something similar I wanted to know if anyone here knows anyone who could help me train them and me to do this? Or if anyone knows any good website where I can find out more information about training Huskies to do this.

I'm not looking at doing this properly (i.e. entering races, etc) but just as a way of giving them some real excercise and also some enjoyment as well. What made me think of it was when they have been able to go for a good run they don't seem to become bored as easy, dont become as destructive, they love to run and they are nice and calm when we have visitors instead of jumping on them as not everyone likes a dog to jump all over them.

Thanks

me too, i'm going to get one when kaizer's old enough to use one i think they will instinctivly know what to do and won't need much training - but could be wrong as not really looked into how to get them onto it or anything yet lol - or more importantly -how to stop!! lol

Just a thought. If you are thinking of exercising all three at the same time, you would be better off getting a three wheeled rig. Three huskies on a scooter can be a bit "exciting" to say the least. A rig gives you much more stability and (if you have good brakes - hydraulic or disc - you can stop too!!!

Mick

we run our 2 huskies with a bike, the male runs alone much of the time though, quite happy on his own. I love running them with the bike , kavik gets excited to do it now since he has got older. I have only had x1 tumble off the bike but that was because i took the bike out on a frosty road. Our 2 can get up to speeds of 17 mph sometimes.

Just a thought. If you are thinking of exercising all three at the same time, you would be better off getting a three wheeled rig. Three huskies on a scooter can be a bit "exciting" to say the least. A rig gives you much more stability and (if you have good brakes - hydraulic or disc - you can stop too!!!

Mick

Good idea. I was thinking about getting 2 x two dog scooters as I am thinking of getting another one in a few years (Or less if we can get a bigger place of our own quicker) so I could have Gizmo on his own to begin with until I get another Husky and then Jamie can join me with Marley and Bandit on the other scooter. But, I can also have 4 huskies together on the three wheeled rig I guess and if they have better brakes than the scooters I think I may go and have a look at the rigs.

Does anyone know where I can get info on sizeing them up for the harness?