Bats!

For the past 2 days the alarm at Marc's work has gone off at night - being the keyholder he has to attend.  He went last night and found a bat flying around the office!!

Cue Marc freaking out and ringing me so i get in a taxi and go up........couldnt find it after an hour so came home.  

Just as he was leaving tonight it flew pas him and his boss so they managed to get it into the kitchen and close the door.

I got hold of a couple who live nearby who came out at 9.30 tonight to get it - it took over an hour and we still hadn't found it......then I saw a box with mugs in and said oh look in there - he opened the box and OH!!!!!!!  Found it :D

997089_746213308827199_51773264506265006

It's a girl and oh she wasn't amused!  She was chattering away poor thing but good news is they say she looked well fed and wasn't overly dehydrated which is good :)

10347703_746200998828430_391671672710557

So now they will keep her and give her some food and release her back out in a day or two :)

Am going to ask Marc to speak to his boss to see if the company will make a donation to the charity as the couple that came tonight were so knowledgeable and nice and had all the time in the world for us and batgirl :D

She is so tiny!  I've never seen one up close before apparently she is a common pipistrelle :D

13424_746217822160081_169668871921190999