How Tall Is Your Full Grown Male Husky?

richd514

So, I thought I signed on for a medium-sized dog. 20"-23.5" at the shoulder blade is what "breed standard" is. My boy Turbo measures 27". anyone familiar with huskies that meets him is always surprised at how tall he is, and on the other hand.. I feel like any other huskies I meet are rather short.

His height can be a nuisance sometimes as his head is at the same level as my dinner table, and for him to reach my counter top all he has to do is look up a little. He easily snatches stuff all the time :/

So basically in just curious if my boy is an oddball, or if others have tall huskies as well.

Post up your full grown male husky heights! [emoji1]

All three of mine are different heights. I just measured and Kodiak is 27", Nikko is 25" and Yukon is small at 23". So I think turbo is a little larger than standard but not an oddball ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden

Just remember you aren't measuring using the curvature of the dog. This Sheltie pup shows with a wicket how to measure.

0_0_0_0_250_273_csupload_34684457.jpg?u=

Siberians aren't supposed to be large dogs. Its rarely a sudden thing to end up with a XL dog. I'd imagine either parents or a dog in his near background were large like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mine is really tall too!  I actually just ordered a DNA test to make sure he's not mixed with anything else.  If he is, I don't really care, because he's the best dog ever but I just want to know what he is and the best way to care for him.  Everyone, and I mean everyone who sees him comments on how tall he is.  I think he's about 30" tall.   He totally looks like a pure bred though.  Has anyone seen one like him?  He's 16-17 months old in these pics.  The pic of him laying down he is lying next to my size 7.5 shoe.  The one where he's on the grass he was on a raised lawn and I was on the ground taking the pic.  He was up about 4 feet or so if that helps with perspective.  The other one where he's surrounded by all his toys, is a good one to see his face and show perspective...those are all the standard toy size for large dogs sent by bark box.

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

Juno Toys.JPG

Mine is really tall too!  I actually just ordered a DNA test to make sure he's not mixed with anything else.  If he is, I don't really care, because he's the best dog ever but I just want to know what he is and the best way to care for him.  Everyone, and I mean everyone who sees him comments on how tall he is.  I think he's about 30" tall.   He totally looks like a pure bred though.  Has anyone seen one like him?  He's 16-17 months old in these pics.  The pic of him laying down he is lying next to my size 7.5 shoe.  The one where he's on the grass he was on a raised lawn and I was on the ground taking the pic.  He was up about 4 feet or so if that helps with perspective.  The other one where he's surrounded by all his toys, is a good one to see his face and show perspective...those are all the standard toy size for large dogs sent by bark box.
IMG_1802.thumb.JPG.988707e4bcbec59ada000a28dafef0c6.JPG
IMG_1837.thumb.JPG.8b9efd219fa29db7ad383405ed2d50d2.JPG
58b0ac1c42b0b_JunoToys.thumb.JPG.b5a32ea0642ba6f3833a91183891e41e.JPG

He's very leggy for a husky and I agree his ears are very big too! He could be crossed with a hound of some sort. Also someone near me owns a wolf dog and he is HUGE, he's so tall!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• 1 month later...
I ended up getting his DNA tested and I'll know in a few ore days or so what he is mixed with.  I agree he is probably mixed with something.  he's very sweet and calmer than most huskies.  But, he has all the traditional husky traits other than his height and ear size.  I hope he's not mixed with wolf

Keep us posted :) my huskies are very calm too , I don't personally see wolf in your boy but then I've not got a huge experience with wolf dogs lol , would a dna test pick that up? I thought they only had dog breeds in their system

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived