Puppy Visit

sarahjng

As many of you know, back in September we had a litter of ten puppies, I've been lucky enough to keep in touch with the parents and tomorrow we are having our first visit with one. My question is the re-introduction, the pup has been gone for 3 months, and I wonder, will my pair recognize his smell ? Or will they treat him as a strange dog in their home?.

Would it be better (safer) to meet in the park ? Or crate them when he comes in ?

Any advice on this would be really helpful.

Our breeder told me that when she has had puppies visit her, they puppies always knew her and recognised her smell and remembered her voice. I imagine the same with the parents but always best to meet outside first I would think, but I am sure it will be fine and fun  :)

Definately need to hear all about the visit.I think to:  Away from home and then back home..  :D   Should be lovely for you seeing your little pup again.  (or Big if anything like Howler and Lucky).   It would be great to meet up with Howler and Lucky And their Mum & Dad this year to.

Any of you read 'A dog's purpose' ?

You'll feel you understand so much more about that four legged furkid you have - and more if you have several of them.

I swear I can talk to mine better...maybe I just talk more and they really look at me and seem to listen and understand.... ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The visit, it was different, lol, they were due at 4 - 4.30, arrived at 6.40, did text me, but still very, very late. I had planned on bringing mine out to meet zuko ( the puppy) but when I opened the door he was already off lead and shooting past me.

Bear was NOT happy with this strange dog running up his stairs and it took a good 15/20 minutes to get them calm and I had to crate both of mine. Really not a good start, the puppy parents have never seen husky play, and were quite panicked at the growls, jumping, neck biting (it was play !) going on, but I was shocked at no such like bear he was, except cleaner lol, a gorgeous puppy, and very doting parents