Computer Protection

Clare70

Looking for some advise and thought there's bound to be a techy person out there who can help :)

I've been using Norton anti virus to pretect my pc for a number of years, whilst it appears to have protected my devices it does tend to slow things down.  Also it's amazing how my pc starts to become problematic each time the renewal is due, I'm sure Norton does things to my pc to ensure I pay the £70 renewal fee ;)

So I'm looking for recommendations, what protection do you use?

Norton is one of the worst you can use.

It's like an octopus with tentacles in all parts of your PC 

(hence the slow downs) it's checking and looking in the background all the time and interfering with the processes that are trying to run.

I use https://www.avira.com/en/indexthe free one on all my devices including phones and tablets never ever had any problems...the first thing I do on a new computer that has Norton on it is delete it straight away :D  cannot stand it ...

Thanks Rob, I looked at the link and it says its free but then they have a store and you have to pay????? Am I missing something?

I've got superantispware and it's pretty good. I will confess I also have norton on the laptop too as I wanted a firewall but it doesn't cause too much of a problem in the laptop. I've deliberately kept the laptop pretty empty, not much on it at all.....unlike the PC. That's as slow as a pig with antivirus on it.

I've got superantispware and it's pretty good. I will confess I also have norton on the laptop too as I wanted a firewall but it doesn't cause too much of a problem in the laptop. I've deliberately kept the laptop pretty empty, not much on it at all.....unlike the PC. That's as slow as a pig with antivirus on it.

Slow-Pig.jpg

they like making money - people think if you have to pay for it then it's better i think? but there are free ones that do the same job too

I bought a new lap top last weekend and hubby put this on it http://www.superantispyware.com/ 

Thats spyware protection not anitivirus :D