Agouti Markings???

deanamarie22

Hey everyone! I have had my 9 week old Siberian Husky puppy for 1 week now. Her name is Luna. I was just curious if anyone had any opinions on what her coloring would be considered? I know it is hard to say since she will change colors a she grows, but as of now, would you say she is an Agouti? Thanks in advance for your help!

post-12882-0-84379000-1424220093_thumb.j

post-12882-0-94153100-1424220098_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming in a bit late to this topic, but if she was agouti you could look at her guard hairs to see if they are banded (multi-colored). I always refer back to this website because it has a lot of interesting information on Husky colors and genetics. (Although my personal opinion on your puppy is that she is ADORABLE but not agouti.)  :up: 

http://www.huskycolors.com/agouti.html

I agree Lani though I think it's the way it comes across.

Maybe some posters are short of time and post the bare minimum, but that can make them sound like know it alls and not really interested apart from hearing their own voices.

I think if one has something to say then one should say it clearly and concisely and explain their comments if they happen to be negative or derogatory.

Hidden

Often the 'tone' of the writer is not the 'tone' that is put upon the writing by the reader.  Tone and inflection cannot be expressed through written text.  IMO there is no reason to get long winded and write a novel to respond to every post.  If anything that only guarantees it doesn't get read.  Does this make it seem as though I have no time for anyone but me?  Well, I hate to point out, I may pop in here offer my thought on the matter and move on to the rest of my day.  So it does make my writings short.  But in the end, the reader may not like what is being said, therefore adds their own negative inflection on the writing that perhaps the writer did not place there themselves.

Don't try to read too much between the lines, you may be seeing things that aren't there at all.

Thank you guys for your opinions and information! After looking at some pics online of other huskies, Luna does appear to be more wolf grey than agouti. Thanks for sharing the pics of your pups, they are all beautiful!

Good luck with your little one - make sure you take loads of pics as they grow far too quickly :wub:

Often the 'tone' of the writer is not the 'tone' that is put upon the writing by the reader.  Tone and inflection cannot be expressed through written text.  IMO there is no reason to get long winded and write a novel to respond to every post.  If anything that only guarantees it doesn't get read.  Does this make it seem as though I have no time for anyone but me?  Well, I hate to point out, I may pop in here offer my thought on the matter and move on to the rest of my day.  So it does make my writings short.  But in the end, the reader may not like what is being said, therefore adds their own negative inflection on the writing that perhaps the writer did not place there themselves.

Don't try to read too much between the lines, you may be seeing things that aren't there at all.

I don't have a problem with you pointing out corrections on topics such as this and I am always interested in learning more. :) However, perhaps a few positive comments elsewhere about other peoples dogs on occasion may help sway opinion... assuming of course that there are any dogs here, apart from your own that are praiseworthy ??