Zoya Update

Mazz

I forgot to mention, that yesterday while trying to pick Zoya up to put her in the back seat of the truck, she slipped out of her collar and was then free to run.  This was in preparing to take her to the vet.  Even with the bum knee, she can outrun me.  I did not approach her, but instead, with leash and collar in hand, ran into the garage, promising Zoya all sorts of good things to eat.  It worked!  She followed me into the garage, where I simply touched the button to close the overhead door.  Then refitted her collar, and we tried again; this time with success.

And I can't tell you all, how pleased I am; not only with the decision as to where to have Zoya's surgery, but also with the progress she has made thus far.  Zoya is my little baby girl, and so your comments on this thread mean a great deal to me, and I sincerely appreciate your interest and concern for Zoya.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a relief!  Snow backed out of his harness at the park a few weeks ago. Both my hubby and son rugby tackled him :)  There is no way on this earth you could tempt Snow to 'come'. You could have the biggest juiciest bone and he would choose play and running over that.

You are most welcome to have my interest. I feel like this is my second family and so if you're hurting, happy, sad, then it all affects me too :)

Zoya had her ninth laser therapy session today. The vet was amazed at her progress. She is planting her right rear foot about 90% on the ground when she walks. No limping either I might add. At a trot she will pull her leg up a bit and simply touch it, but the vet said that is very normal at this stage. One more therapy session is scheduled for next week, and then we are done. Still wants her on lead for potty breaks until the second week of March. But the worst is behind us. I am very pleased with where Zoya is in her recovery from surgery, and so very glad that we chose this vet to perform the surgery.

This topic really warms my heart, every time you write she's doing better than the last time it brings a big smile on my face. Zoya is such a happy girl to have you to take her through this whole process.

Is it much to ask a video to see her walking now, cos that one before the surgery when she was going 3-legged was so sad and I'd like to replace it in my head with a new, better, 4-legged Zoya one  :D

This topic really warms my heart, every time you write she's doing better than the last time it brings a big smile on my face. Zoya is such a happy girl to have you to take her through this whole process.

Is it much to ask a video to see her walking now, cos that one before the surgery when she was going 3-legged was so sad and I'd like to replace it in my head with a new, better, 4-legged Zoya one  :D

Right now, in Iowa, it is extremely cold, -25 F* windchills. So I am going to have to wait until warmer temps to take a vid.