Zoya Update

Mazz

Zoya was taken to the vet hospital this morning around 8:00 am, for her cruciate ligament surgery. She is probably in surgery as I type this post (currently 10:15 am). We are scheduled to pick her up at 4:30 pm this afternoon. Of course we are experiencing a winter snow right now, with bad driving conditions. The vet hospital is a 45 minute drive from home in good weather. The vet met with me this morning and said Zoya's great physical condition and her young age are both in her favor for a successful outcome. I remain hopefully optimistic for my little baby girl.

I will post here later as new information becomes available.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet hospital called a bit ago. Zoya is out of surgery. Doc said everything went extremely well, and he was very pleased with how the surgery went. Pick her up in a few hours.

She is home. Pain meds galore for a few days. Poor girl is pooped.

Thanks everyone for your posts. Zoya is my baby girl, and she means a lot to me.

Huskies in the Heartland

Looks like they have done a neat job   :)

The vet was so excited when we picked her up tonight. He could not get over how well the operation went. He explained what he did during the procedure, and why. We take her back on Wednesday and Friday for therapy. Will also be taking her in a few days next week for therapy. Poor girl is in a drug induced stuper right now, which they said would wear off in about an hour. The vet said he or one of his staff will call me tomorrow to see how Zoya is doing.

Again, I really appreciate everyone's posts on this thread.

Great to hear you have such a good vet, and even better that he's satisfied with how the surgery went. 

You're now on a long journey of recovery, but it's a great journey that will have the best possible outcome, a healthy happy Zoya, running happily like a husky should.

THE MORNING AFTER. . . .

Zoya seems to be up to the challenge of getting up from a laying position. She does a bit of whimpering, but not what I would call "crying out in pain" yelping, as she did last night. So it may be the meds, or things are calming a bit, or a combination. Keeping her on a small portion feeding regimen for the next few days. Don't want her to have any issues with tummy upset or gas.

Found a local company that offers swimming therapy for dogs after surgery. A tad bit expensive, and much too early to consider, but I will speak with both vets regarding the subject and get their take.

Zoya had her first of six to eight laser therapy sessions on Wednesday. Took all of ten minutes. Second session is on Friday. Last night, her incision started to weep clear fluid tinted red. Not a lot, but noticeable. Called the vet this morning. As long as it was clear and not clouded, they said that indicated the therapy did its job to get things flowing and healing. But of course, Zoya started licking. So she is now wearing a donut collar.

Huskies in the Heartland

ohhh Zoya being put thru an operation and now you have to wear that donut I do feel sorry for you...but it is for your own good...but good to hear that all is going the right and same way to recovery...