Got Myself A New Phone Because... Why Not?

BlueWolf

I bought myself a present some time ago for finishing college and it finally arrived! I bought my previous phone (a Samsung S4 mini) nearly a year now and I've used it long enough to realise I want more from my phone and Samsung is not a company I want to stick with.

So I got myself a OnePlus One!  :lol:

post-2355-0-43289300-1420138796_thumb.jp

This is a very rare phone. You can only buy when you've received an invite. Why? Because it's a absolute brilliant phone for dirty cheap. The demand is too high for the production. When it did went for sale a few weeks ago, it was sold out in just a few minutes. So you can imagine I'm quite chuffed I managed to get my hands on this!!  :lol:  :lol:

Here are some geeky facts. There are many, but here are the important ones:

It has a 5.5 inch full HD screen. Runs on Cyanogenmod based on Android 4.4 (but 5.0 is coming along the way), had 3GB memory, 64GB(!!) internal storage. A 2.5GHz quad-core cpu. Has a 13 megapixel camera and can film in 4K and slowmotion. And on top of that it has a massive 3100mAh battery. Enough to power all of this multiple days if needed.

So far I haven't found anything it cannot handle. On my Mini the system would halt when it was updating in the background. With this it doesn't even stutter when it does that. Just now I was watching a high quality movie on my phone, while casting it on the tv simultaneously. Even when the screen is off I can draw gestures on the screen do make it do certain things (like toggling the light) and now I finally have a lock screen that automatically unlocks when I'm home (I needed that one!).

Cyanogenmod allows you to change every single bit of your system until it meets your exact needs. No added and unremovable crap (like Samsung does all the time), just very to the point. It's amazing with so many options and I haven't even rooted my phone yet (which is super easy on this device, and doesn't void my warranty either!) 

I still can't believe I paid only €300 for it, which is the same as what I paid for my S4 mini last year which looks slow and tiny compared to this!

WOW sounds like an awesome phone, and the pic you posted in the other thread was nice and clear.

Most of that is totally lost on me but looks and sounds like a good phone to me even if I am a bit clueless!  :P   :up:

Well, consider that when I told my grandmother this even SHE got jealous of me and now wants one for herself as well. That should say a lot  :lol:

Not really used it too much yet but this phone can shoot photos in raw format! That wasn't even advertised but that's the best thing ever (or at least for me as a photographer).

I've been using my phone all day and I still have 40% battery left. I'm impressed!

Decided after reading this I would take the plunge and root my own phone and add cyanogenmod to it instead. Its a lot better without all the rubbish you get on from samsung I must say.