Anglian Bikejor And Scooter.

Keeonah

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

check5.jpg

The start of the new season is now just a couple of months away. Those of you that know me on FB will know that I have just had my, long awaited, operation to cure the intense pain I have been suffering in my left ankle. I am now convalescing. This will take approximately 7 to 8 weeks and then I have to start training with the dogs in earnest. This year we are planning on having a go at tri-dog as well as bikejor. Yes I'm either a glutton for punishment or a total bloody fruitloop. Possibly the latter.:rofl:    Our first competition is at Checkendon for the season opener which is to be held the weekend of Sept 17th. I also have a Go Pro for this years filming and I shall endeavour to keep you all updated on our journey.  Unfortunately we will not be able to ever run Eclipse due to her past troubles but it is my intention to try and integrate Nina and Keiko into the mix to give me a bigger choice of dogs and allowing for sickness. The photo is from Checkendon in March.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, Emma said:

Good luck Gary! Hope you heal up soon. emoji8.png

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

Thanks Emma. Really hoping this all heals up quick as I can't wait to get out there with the mutts again. Really looking forward to seeing the look on their little faces when they realise that they are going into  the big lake they normally run round.:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

The dates are now starting to appear. First meeting of the season is September 17th and 18th near Reading. The next one looks like being the following weekend at  Box end, Kempston Nr Bedford. After that we're off to Tewksbury for a weekend of Tri-dog, October 1st and 2nd. Getting excited now it's getting so close. The ankle is healing really well and my first bout off physio is on Thursday. A couple of weeks and I'll hopefully be out training with them.

Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun time. Our club organised a dog less ride for it's members to give us a chance to get a bit of fitness training in before we have to endure lunatic huskies and other breeds dragging us through forest trails like a bunch of idiots. . Enter the Viking Trail.

I was going fairly well, no problems, no pain. About 7 miles into the ride we went round a particularly sharp left hand bend with a tree on the corner. I just caught the tree and put my foot down. OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWCH. The foot instantly swelled up. Rode very gingerly to our pit stop where I decided to call it a day. The good news is that the swelling went down in a couple of hours and the pain was only when I initially put my foot down. I have put it down to the momentum pulling on it. Good news is I'm taking the dogs out to Mildenhall Woods on Sunday. Let's see how we go. Below is a clip of us doing the Viking Trail.

https://youtu.be/xbtM2ATocwA

• 3 months later...

Sorry it's a bit late coming but here is Sasha's first race on her own at Checkendon in September. I usually race Sapphire there but for some reason she no longer likes the forest trail so Sasha came to the rescue. This should give a few of you an idea of what bikejoring through a forest is like. Checkendon is probably the most technical course in the country as well. I have done a number of competitions since this one but unfortunately I lost the attachments for the Go Pro. Now sorted.  https://youtu.be/He8bteFBcTY

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:14 AM, Emma said:

She's doing well Gary. Do you race all of your pack? Individually or in groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks Emma. Some of the pack can't be raced, i.e. Nina, Eclipse. Keiko, Sasha and Sapphire run. Sapphire is the fastest but I can't get her to run on her own at the moment. i didn't have a dog that could keep up with her in a 2 dog team either but I have now borrowed my granddaughters dog Misty so am back to a 2 dog team and 3 dogs that can run on their own.

Just thought some of you might like to see some of our training runs. They are all from today 16/04.17  This first one is Sapphires reluctance to run on her own.

That looks so much fun! I'd love to see if Amy would take to this, I'm so accident prone tho that I'd have to wear bike leathers and helmet for protection!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

On 16/04/2017 at 9:30 PM, Jo said:

That looks so much fun! I'd love to see if Amy would take to this, I'm so accident prone tho that I'd have to wear bike leathers and helmet for protection!!! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

You have to wear a quality helmet, gloves and goggles anyway Jo. They don't let you take part if not. How old is Amy?

This is Sapphire again but this time running with new girl Misty.

Shes 11 months on thurs, so prob a bit young yet! And she def needs some more training before we even think about attempting it - I'd end up in timbucktoo!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Just watched the last video - wow thats fast! What speeds to you reach? Looks like they love doing it [emoji3]

Archived