Anglian Bikejor And Scooter.

Keeonah

I have recently joined this group and today, finally managed to go out with them.Well, what can I say. I travelled down to Hatfield Forest, not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. A very friendly bunch with a vast mixture of dogs...... Yes i did say dogs. This group is for anyone who wants to work their dogs, and is not exclusively for huskies.  I took the scooter with me and with a couple of huskies attatched we set off. Got home about an hour ago and I have two very tired huskies. Sasha is zonked on  the end of the settee and Sapphire is sprawled across my lap and not leaving me alone. The car is filthy, I was filthy, just had a shower, and I have a couple of dogs that both need baths but I'll leave them to sort themselves out. All in all a good day which has shown me just how unfit the dogs are at the moment. We completed 7.2 k albeit at a rather slow pace but..........we can only improve. I'm going to rest up for an hour or so now before going out and getting everything cleaned and ready for the next outing. Haven't had a buzz like that since I gave up motor sport. Can't wait for the next time, although my right leg is screaming at me never to do it again. LOL. Sorry if this seems a bit garbled but I have just realised how much it's taken out of me as well. Knackered, but all good fun. Sorry I have no photos to show you but as it was first time it was a learning curve and an experience. Not to myself, get a Go Pro.

Gary.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good fun right....and I am doing it on my own wish there was a group around here...am looking int getting the entry level gopro but is and investment I am not sure of yet...

So Jealous, I was suppose to be taking Noah for his first scooter lesson (and me of course) this holiday, but he hurt his paw and we were not able to go.    Once I have the all clear I will definitely be going, it sounds like you had lots of fun even though you are all muddy and achy. :D

Good fun right....and I am doing it on my own wish there was a group around here...am looking int getting the entry level gopro but is and investment I am not sure of yet...

I hadn't realised that this group was here Rob. Came across them quite by accident but I'm glad I did. Go Pro's are about £99 here for a starter one. There is a cheaper one on the market though which I'm told are also very good. Mobius ActionCam Full HD Sports Camera Camcorder 1080P 30FPS 720P 60FPS.

So Jealous, I was suppose to be taking Noah for his first scooter lesson (and me of course) this holiday, but he hurt his paw and we were not able to go.    Once I have the all clear I will definitely be going, it sounds like you had lots of fun even though you are all muddy and achy. :D

It is great fun, do you have a scooter? Once you get over the initial pains I'm told it's a lot better but, obviously, you're using muscles that you didn't realise you had. Wicked Buzz. ;)

One thing I must agree with the first couple of times you will have mucles that hurt that you never ever tought you had in places where you never tought there would be muscles...:D:P

I will look into those cam's Gary, the downside with the gopro Hero entry model is that all the bike attachements need to be bought and over here that is an extra € 30,00...

No, but a very kind lady has offered to lend me hers so I can see if we like it before we start spending money etc.  X

That's sensible.  I was lucky as I got my scooter very cheap so wouldn't be a loss if I didn't like it. Gang lines came fron Indi dog. The only things that the group insist on is insurance, a helmet and some protection like gloves. The dogs did manage to pull me round a fixed gate but it was at a time when they wanted to run and I caught the gatepost. Knocked the wind out of me for a couple of seconds but after a bit of deep breathing and cursing I was fine.

One thing I must agree with the first couple of times you will have mucles that hurt that you never ever tought you had in places where you never tought there would be muscles... :D:P

I will look into those cam's Gary, the downside with the gopro Hero entry model is that all the bike attachements need to be bought and over here that is an extra € 30,00...

Have a look on Ebay Rob got allsorts on there even the liquorice ones LOL.

Just remember it's not just about you getting on and being towed by the dogs. You have to assist them as well, hence why I have a muscle like a brick in my right leg at the moment. The going today was tough as everything was wet and boggy. I'm sure you will love it, and, if not, there's always Bikejor.

Gary.

Sounds like a great day out Gary.

Got my son one of these for xmas

Almost the same as a gopro but a darn sight cheaper.

51SUrFYxhRL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JA0LQ2C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

What's it like Andy??? Any good.????

Gary.

Yeah very good.

I don't have any of the video here my sons only tried it out a few times.

but it's 1080 HD and fully waterproof down to 30 meters and will survive alpine skiing temperetures

Is the video quality ok and could it be fixed to a helmet or a set of handlebars??? Sorry for all the questions mate but I need to know it's spot on before i go and spend all my money on it...................Yes, It's christmas and I'm down to the pennies in my piggybank. LOL.

Gary.

Is the video quality ok and could it be fixed to a helmet or a set of handlebars??? Sorry for all the questions mate but I need to know it's spot on before i go and spend all my money on it...................Yes, It's christmas and I'm down to the pennies in my piggybank. LOL.

Gary.

Video quality is very good

It comes with mountings to fit onto helmets / handlesbars / extender monopoles / tripods.

You will need to get a  microSD card to go with it though

Here's a couple of vids off you tube to showcase the quality

Gary, sounds like an awesome day :)

We have found a forest near to us which has some good tracks for scootering with the pooches.  Just need to get myself a scooter and some lines and we'll be off :)

Will keep you  up to date with our progress ;)

Thanks for that Andy.  I just need to find somewhere else that sells it as I won't entertain Amazon after they stole £80 out of my bank account.  You seeing this Rob?

Gary.

Yes but the shipper will not ship to Holland so then it can become problematic with warranties etc...will start searching here for the same make and model...

Gary, sounds like an awesome day :)

We have found a forest near to us which has some good tracks for scootering with the pooches.  Just need to get myself a scooter and some lines and we'll be off :)

Will keep you  up to date with our progress ;)

I'm sure you will love it Clare. Can't help with the scooter but the Ganglines all came from Indi Dog and Sid can make them up to your own spec. Mine are made so that it doesn't matter how many dogs you take, they can all be catered for. Looking forward to the progress reports.

Gary.

• 10 months later...

Well I'm still here. Since my last post I decided that the scooter was to hard on one leg so I changed over to Bikejor. Sasha, Sapphire and myself have been training hard over the last couple of months. Great fun riding some of these trails through forests. The weekend of November 14/15th saw us entering our first competition. A nice early start was called for so we were up at 5am and set off at 6. Not sure what to expect we met up with other club members at around 7.15 ready for the race briefing. The racing was both fun and hectic. All races over we ambled off to the prize giving only to find out that we had won our class. The club itself did extremely well but I was so pleased with my girls getting a first on their first ever race. Sunday saw us getting the same amount of luck. First prize in the race and first overall for the 2 days. I won't bore you all too much but here is a video of the second days racing. Very very muddy. https://youtu.be/Pz0IvuQWqrA     Unfortunately we have all now suffered a major setback in that someone brought a dog to Chicksands that was suffering with Kennel Cough and now all our dogs have gone down with it. I'm not happy but what can you do except get them better and get on with it. As soon as they are fit again we will be back out there but in the meantime we are going to miss a number of   competitions. The next one will hopefully be Thetford on the 27/28th December. Fingers crossed. Here is a video of our local training route.                        https://youtu.be/gI-mRBFcAco   Enjoy.

Gary.

Archived