What Is Between Standard Plush And Woolly?

SnowDogLove

My little Rouxcifer does not seem like your standard plush-coated Siberian. However, I know she is not a woolly. She is awfully fuzzy and her undercoat seems longer which makes her feel like a cotton ball! I don't recall either of her parents looking like they were anything but standard (but I have attached photos anyway). So my question is this: is there something that is between Standard and Woolly? If so, what does it look like as an adult? Does anyone have a Sibe like this?

Roux looking fluffy as can be at 7 weeks old

post-11270-0-06270500-1419354295_thumb.j

Her most recent picture at almost 5 months old... you can see that her fur is cotton-y looking, right?

post-11270-0-57530500-1419354313_thumb.j

Her momma, she was a short girl!

post-11270-0-95990400-1419354460_thumb.j

Her daddy, the red on the right.

post-11270-0-37569200-1419354477_thumb.j

Awww, very gorgeous looking dogs!   Their fur does seem to vary a bit in length.  I have seen some that are a little bit longer furred, without being a full on long haired wooly husky.  They're longer haired then mine but no where near as long as a fully fledged wooly, kinda somewhere inbetween.  I'm not sure if technically they'd be classed as a wooly or not though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely don't questions whether she is woolly or not, because I can tell she is not. But my other dogs as puppies had the smoother coats like regular standard coat Huskies have as puppies, and hers is so much different. I just have never had experience with it before so I thought maybe they grew up to have different fur than standard coats, or her puppy coat is just growing in different than other Huskies. I have visited a friend with 2 males and one of them had a standard coat while the other was very fluffy - almost like his fur stood out from his body instead of lying flat against him - but he was not a woolly.

Hidden

The standard is about more than what people perceive as a show dog. A proper coat keeps it waterproof repels dirt and is an easy keep.

I asked because if your puppy's adult coat is soft and cottony you may need a different coat care routine than most other Sibes. That's all.

She does get absolutely filthy just about every time she goes outside and there is a drop of water on the ground, but so far I have not had to bathe her since she was a puppy, her coat dries and dirt comes off naturally just like my others. She does seem very cotton-y and I haven't attempted to brush her lately because I don't know if a comb could make its way through her coat the way it is. What type of brush would you use for a dog with a "undercoat-like" fur?