Big Hero 6

mydiamond

You lot must've heard about this movie. The marketing was insane. I've just watched it 2-3 days ago in my local cinema so thought I'd give you guys a heads up: don't bother. I'd rate this movie 5/10 and that's already very generous of me :(

First off, the story line is lazy and very very predictable (one 'very' doesn't suffice!). In fact, I can tell you what happened in the whole movie in one sentence: a rebel teen that engages in illegal stuff that then becomes a hero, set up a hero team and saved the day. Actually, add in several tear-jerking moments because that's where I'm going next.

Second off, this really is the worst movie to watch when you've just lost someone dear to you. This whole movie is secretly trying to teach folks how to deal with grief; by insisting that when somebody dies they're not actually gone at all. Religious arguments aside, I don't think silver-lining is very helpful when you're trying so hard to cope with that absence. Plus, out of four deaths in the movie, three came crawling back to life. Somehow this little detail became a painful reminder to me. Those guys can simply walk into some !SPOILER ALERT! spinning electromagnetic teleportation portal to retrieve a supposedly-dead person !SPOILER ALERT! like a regular person going home because they forgot their wallet. But *I* can't just waltz in to some pearly gate to retrieve True Blue, can I? :(

So yeah, not only did I waste seven dollars, I also managed to come home feeling rather upset. I don't know how in the world did this movie score 8/10 in IMDb. The reviews are clearly negative. Anyways, long story short, don't bother. The robot is indeed cute, but that's all there is to it.

I put it up here because some of you guys have little kids, and this movie's targeting little kids. But really there's no good message they can deliver to children, so... again, don't bother :( I'm going to watch Mockingjay and the new Penguins of Madagascar tonight (did you hear they add a Husky in the film?? His name is Classified! :lol: ) hopefully I'd come home feeling better instead of worse x

Thankfully Reece hasn't mentioned this film but I would like to take him to see Paddington.....he hasn't shown any interest but I want to see it! Lol.

Ask him if he wants to see it and if he doesn't, go without him?