Bings

this is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do! unfortunately over the weekend Bings got worse , he couldn't even keep water down anymore and hadn't eaten for a week despite trying to tempt him , he wasn't a happy dog anymore , he managed to get upstairs last night and came for a cuddle which he hasn't done in a good while so i think he knew too that it was time 

but i don't want to dwell on the sadness i want to remember my boy happy and playful and the pain in the butt that he was

like the day we got him and they said lets see how he does with your kids and he DIVED into my lap giving me kisses 

or the time he was determined to bury a piece of toast on our walk 

or when he played dead over and over to try and get skyla to leave him alone 

or when he was the only dog to howl at a husky meet up 

his life was a long happy one and for the past 13 years he has been my best friend i told him everything and even tho he was such a pain in the butt and NEVER stopped barking , i'm really gonna miss the noise , we let him go at 9:30 this morning and it already seems so weird without him here , Skyla seemed confused when we came home without him but i don't think they quite realize yet that he won't be home anymore 

I'm having him cremated and i should have him back home in around 10 days 

here's some of my favorite pics of him being a happy pooch and how i want to remember him 

post-95-0-37802200-1418645050_thumb.jpeg

post-95-0-90441300-1418645064_thumb.jpeg

post-95-0-99362300-1418645089_thumb.jpeg

post-95-0-24997300-1418645095.jpeg

post-95-0-77855300-1418645115_thumb.jpeg

post-95-0-93155400-1418645126_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Nix I'm so sorry for you and your family and of course Blaze and Skyla.  I know there's nothing anyone can say but I guess you have done the kindess thing.

With tears running down my cheeks as I type this please accept my deepest sympathies.

X

So sorry to hear this Nix.

Bings has been an honourary husky on here for many years.

RIP old man.

Run free.

:grouphug:

I remember well our first husky meet in the Midlands, dozens of huskies all looking round at one another and there was Bings, sat on the grass howling his head off like a good'un! He really made me laugh - as if he was showing the huskies how to do it 

RIP Bings, you were an honorary husky right from the start and you will be greatly missed, but you seemed to know it was your time. Wear your harness with pride, little man. So sorry for your loss, Nix, give Blaze & Skyla a cuddle from us xxx

Oh my dear sweet Bings............My heart breaks for you, Nixy. How fortunate you were to have one another. Bless you for sharing his life with us through HO and through his facebok page.........I will miss those tales so. You have my deepest sympathies. I will never forget his beautiful smile. Know that he is running with his husky friends, including Bo. I trust those two are having a ball, racing across green pastures and snowy fields together, their silver harnesses glistening in the warm sun.

All my love dear Nixy. All my love.

Nix I'm absolutely gutted to read this. We all know how much you loved him. He was the first honorary husky of this forum and I know how much you will miss him xxxx

Rip bings you had such a loving home and will be sorely missed xxxx

sent via husky howls