Whisker trim?

lynnmw1208

I was just wondering today if anyone ever clips their husky's whiskers or do you just leave them long and wild? lol. I know, random question, but I was looking at Pongo today and his are quite long. laugh.gif I do know for shows and such they do clip them. I thought that would hurt them though like clipping a cat's whiskers... I dunno.

Nope, I leave them well alone, no matter how wild they are. Whiskers are part of their sensory equipment. Wouldn't have thought they should be trimmed for showing either, being a breed that should not be visually altered for showing. We don't show much any more (prefer to put our time and cash into the working side) but think one of the breeds bonuses is that you could quite happily run them in a race one day, then (provided they don't get filthy) give them a quick once-over with the dog brush and parade them round a showring the next day (and people have! :D)