New Tank Setup

Looks like it's early Christmas for my little guy as well :D I spoke to this Betta expert regarding True Blue's recurring "fin rot" episodes. She said judging from the pictures I have, it looks more like bite wounds rather than fin rot. She said Blue mistook his tail for another male fish and took a nip :( worse yet, she also said that this behavior may be caused by boredom. I don't like the idea of Blue self-mutilating due to the size of his tank, so I went and got him a 5.5 gal along with two new ornaments for him to do laps around. Thank goodness for Christmas sale. That tank was only twelve dollars!

post-2850-0-46884500-1416174105_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-59334200-1416174110_thumb.jp

25% of the water was from the old tank, and the filter cartridge is also from the old one. So Blue can move immediately once discharged from 'the hospital' :)

I should've done this from the very beginning. He was elated when I first moved him :) he's still a little apprehensive around the clam ornament (perhaps thinking it's a trap?) but he's done laps around the Roman pillars already :) the whole tank looks like Bikini Bottom slash Atlantis now :lol:

So this is how my desk looks now. Who says I won't have space for anything else with a 3+ gal tank?

post-2850-0-70940000-1416174108_thumb.jp

In another news, Liv met snow for the very first time in her entire life. Who's ready for winter?! :D

post-2850-0-13546200-1416174107_thumb.jp

That is an ace tank, I hope he is happier and gets lots better soon!

And as for snow......well I am soooooo excited for snow, we didn't get any last year and I was devastated cos and I absolutely LOVE it! It was what I missed the most when I lived abroad, glad you love it too, can't wait to take the pooches out in it :0)

I'm already in a love/hate relationship with snow :( they're slippery!

EDIT: Blue's regeneration speed puzzles even the expert folks from the fish forum. All the chips and ruffles I saw on his anal fin two nights ago has disappeared :o it's either I accidentally bought a magic salt, or he's related to Wolverine.

I'm already in a love/hate relationship with snow :( they're slippery!

Yes, be very careful...ice (and wet snow) is slippery! Watch out for 'black ice'. Basically, black ice  is ice that you can't see very well because it is very clear and camouflages with its surroundings. My advice is, that whenever I see a shiny spot and its a cold day, I always assume it is ice. Shiny snow can be slippery too.

Yes, be very careful...ice (and wet snow) is slippery! Watch out for 'black ice'. Basically, black ice  is ice that you can't see very well because it is very clear and camouflages with its surroundings. My advice is, that whenever I see a shiny spot and its a cold day, I always assume it is ice. Shiny snow can be slippery too.

HA! I knew it! There's this bridge I gotta cross this morning and it's completely covered in snow. I held on to the hand rails for dear life and people gave me funny looks :( might as well walk around with a shovel during winter break

HA! I knew it! There's this bridge I gotta cross this morning and it's completely covered in snow. I held on to the hand rails for dear life and people gave me funny looks :( might as well walk around with a shovel during winter break

Well, I wouldn't shovel too much snow if I were you. Sometimes, walking on snow is safer because you have no idea if is very slippery underneath. There have been many times where I have to walk on fresh (untouched) snow to avoid slipping...usually when I'm walking up or down a hill. 

Edited by SolitaryHowl