We Have Lost Another...

HuskyGuerl

It is with a heavy heart to say that we lost another pack member yesterday. Keiko was healthy and well Intill Wednesday at 3 he started have seizures. My vet talked me through it and we gave him some medicine. He was fine and calm and I was looking forward to the visit Thursday morning to find out what was going on. Well at 6 yesterday Keiko was caught in a cluster of seizures that ended his life at 6:30...We have no idea what happened. How a perfect healthy dog got sick and lost his life in less than 12 hours. I took him immediately for a necropsy. The results on the gross necropsy came back yesterday and they found nothing. They are calling it a freak accident as everything inside is completely healthy. I have them the go too on running everything they have to give me an answer. I should have one wednesday. I feel for Larka and Echo losing two pack members in less than 6 months. I don't know how this could of happened. My vet and the breeder believes it is from his accident he had as a puppy and it effected something in his brain. But I won't know Intill the full results come in. I'm having him cremated and ordering a special urn.

Omg I can't believe this. I am so sorry for your loss and I can't imagine what you're going through. Especially loosing 2 in such a short time. It hits really close to home as Yukon has seizures and just had another one yesterday.

Run free Keiko

I need some help with the grieving process. Larka never showed signs with Meeka as she had Keiko to keep her up and he played with her and kept her mind off it. Well Echo doesn't like to do that sort of stuff and Larka has done nothing but cry since she's realized he'd gone and I'm not to sure what to do. She's trying to get echo to play with her and he won't. She gets her favorite toy out and runs around then stops looking for keiko cus they always played together. She acts like she has no one when Echo is still here and so are we. I'm not to sure what to do. We use to have a no dogs on the furniture rule. As of now we no longer care. They are to be where we are hoping it helps. They slept in bed with us and are Larka is currently cuddled in my lap whining. I don't know what to do to ease her pain. Meeka and Keiko were the only two who played with her and now she only has herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not seem like it now but she will slowly, slowly except that Keiko is not coming back.  The only thing you can do is carry on doing what you are doing... As you are feeling the pain of Keiko's loss take comfort in comforting Larka.  Talk to her about all the good times the frustrating times etc this will be good for her just hearing your voice and good for you to.   We made a memory board to keep of all our favourite times.  

There will be plenty of moments in the coming weeks when the loss will hit you hard, but they will get less with time as will they for Larka.

Other than this I can offer no other advice than take care of yourselves, and my thoughts are with you.  

Really sorry for your loss Searra. I can't even begin to think what your going through at the moment. To lose one furkid is bad enough but to lose two in such a short time must be heart wrenching. Our thoughts are with you. RIP Keiko.

Gary, Lynne and the Pack.