Guardians Of The Galaxy

mydiamond

OK, reports are in :lol:

I guess the best way to respond to this movie is by saying: "define 'amazing'!". To people who like to think, or those who truly appreciate plotting and storyline, this movie may not be the best pick. It's not exactly art, so to say. It's two hours of CGI, laser blasts (loads and loads of laser blasts), upbeat nineties musics and top-quality comedy. It's not the kind of movie that sticks to your head or leaves a powerful message. It's not one of those eye-opening visual arts piece that some people expect walking in to the cinema. Most of the sub-plots (if you can call it that) would keep your hopes up and then send them crashing down. Do expect to mutter "that's it?!" to yourself. BUT, it will certainly, undoubtedly, crack you up every few minutes. The jokes are hysterical. To a stressed college student that needed to rest her brain for a while, this movie worth storming through subzero temperature at eleven PM on a Friday night :D I find it rather annoying how the bad guy is called Ronan though! Isn't that a dog name? :huh:

In conclusion; if you're a critical thinker, enter the cinema with a packet of salt. Some parts of the story would definitely raise an eyebrow (ranging from "huh?" to "what the heck that's just stupid!"). If you don't like Transformers 4 and TMNT, you might as well hate this one, too. Though I do think Guardians of the Galaxy is at least two levels above TMNT and a hundred above Transformers. As long as you're willing to look past the flaws of the storyline, this movie truly worth a second watch... which is exactly what I'm planning to do tomorrow night :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it. :up:

Oh, yeah. . . . "I AM Groot"

LOL there's this group of people that waited on the same bus stop as me last night. It was *so* cold. I was wearing three layers of jeans and two layers of shirt underneath a down raincoat but I'm *still* freezing. Those people huddle up together and one of them yelled "because we are GROOT!!" :lol: