It Is With Great Heartbreak To Post The Passing Of My Timber

I don't know if I'm posting this right or in the right place. Please accept my apologies if this is wrong.

I thought this would help my grieving process by sharing the death of my Timber yesterday. I am NOT TAKING THIS WELL AT ALL. For the past year, our routine revolved around maintaining Timbers new lifestyle including foods, meds and changing doggie diapers a reprecussion from his bladder stone surgery.  I woke up this morning from a noise that I would normally relate with Timber waking me. I haven't been able to stop crying since. Sasha is out of sorts sniffing around for him, or  that's what my brain is telling me is happening. I really don't know if Timbers death is affecting her. Yesterday she was with us, saw Timbers fast decline. I wanted to think that she scented that he was dying but I don't really know. Today she was sniffing everthing. Is she looking for him or just smelling a cat keeping warm under the deck?  I'm sad that she doesn't have her best friend to play grab ass with or just to roll up next to him to sleep. She appeared to stick to her routine this morning even though I was a mess with the change in mine.  We are so heartbroken, Timber was our baby.  How do you guys manage with this grief.  I know things are supposed to get better as time passes and having Sasha will help but our family dynamicks is forever changed.               

post-10606-0-65984100-1415797364_thumb.j

My heart bleeds for you, and for sasha, yes your family has changed for now, but it's not forever. Timber is just on the other side of the bridge, waiting, doing all the things he's ever wanted, all the things you (and the vet) have ever said no to.

From eating the slab of freshly cooked steak on the counter to running for hours without even seeing a fence to digging to China it's all there for him, until you get there too.

Thank you all for making me smile and Sarahjng, you are so right, you triggered some very old memories from his youth..., or I'd like to blame it on his youth however these can be true anytime when it comes to stuborn huskys :) Thank god he was never a digger and thank god we knew that we'd need a fenced in yard-some of the best escape artists are huskys :) But I forgot about Timber eating my mom's peanut butter & jelly sandwich right off her plate back when she used to fur-sit for me. That should have been a lesson learned to me, that he couldn't be trusted around food because that same year on turkey day, after I was done carving the rest of the bird to put away in the fridge for leftovers, he helped himself to the counter and made away with about 5 pounds of turkey. I remember being so scarred that he was going to be sick from eating all that :)  Thank you guys <3

Hi Jason, I know it's been a long time. How's Crown Point treating you :) 

Thank you all for making me smile and Sarahjng, you are so right, you triggered some very old memories from his youth..., or I'd like to blame it on his youth however these can be true anytime when it comes to stuborn huskys :) Thank god he was never a digger and thank god we knew that we'd need a fenced in yard-some of the best escape artists are huskys :) But I forgot about Timber eating my mom's peanut butter & jelly sandwich right off her plate back when she used to fur-sit for me. That should have been a lesson learned to me, that he couldn't be trusted around food because that same year on turkey day, after I was done carving the rest of the bird to put away in the fridge for leftovers, he helped himself to the counter and made away with about 5 pounds of turkey. I remember being so scarred that he was going to be sick from eating all that :) Thank you guys <3

Hi Jason, I know it's been a long time. How's Crown Point treating you :)

Hi there, yes it has been. Wish it was under different circumstances :(. It's good, just started a new job in Chicago so I've been away from home more lately

Hi there, yes it has been. Wish it was under different circumstances :(. It's good, just started a new job in Chicago so I've been away from home more lately

I forget how to navigate around here :)

Congratulations with the new job, Chicago-----> yuck. That's going to suck if this winter is anything like last winter.

Yaaa, I miss my Timber something horrible.  He really was my baby. The diaper thing was just an inconvenience, had he been in any kind of pain or his quality of life been affected I would have had to make that horrible decision a year ago. He was happy & playing with Sasha.  I couldn't put him to sleep cuz he had a dripping issue but yesterday morning when he couldn't lift himself up, I...........................I..................

I just don't know what happened to cause such a drastic change from 2 nights prior to yesterday morning. I keep running it through my head, trying to figure out where I missed the signs, did something happen to cause his rapid decline. It was the single worst thing I've ever had to witness, watching my fur-kid go through and that my vet wasn't open for 3 more hours was emotionally painful for all of us. 

I'm worried if Sasha gets what happened. I'm not sure she realizes he's gone. This is my first time having a husky being around another husky that's dying.  She hung around and sniffed him once or twice but mostly she stayed away. I don't know if that means anything or it matters. They say you can see depression in pets by judging if they are sleeping to much but she is like a cat, if she's not causing hell, she's asleep :)  I don't know if finding her a companion matters sooner or later. I don't know that I want to get another husky, this feeling is miserable and I don't know that I want to keep going through this but she has always been with other huskys, never an only dog.  I'm a mess....,    

I am so sorry for the loss of Timber….. Its such a hard hard sad thing to go through….. been here a few times myself…. couldn't eat for a week and my kids were devastated to when Rookie passed same with Sydney when he passed away.  

You always feel you could of done more and ask why, but the truth is you did everything you could.

Time is a great healer, but you never ever forget them. 

RIP Timber you were and are still dearly loved.  

:rainbowbridge:

I am so sorry for the loss of Timber….. Its such a hard hard sad thing to go through….. been here a few times myself…. couldn't eat for a week and my kids were devastated to when Rookie passed same with Sydney when he passed away.  

You always feel you could of done more and ask why, but the truth is you did everything you could.

Time is a great healer, but you never ever forget them. 

RIP Timber you were and are still dearly loved.  

:rainbowbridge:

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I know this took time to reply with these kind sentiments :pawprint: :pawprint:

I forget how to navigate around here :)

Congratulations with the new job, Chicago-----> yuck. That's going to suck if this winter is anything like last winter.

Yaaa, I miss my Timber something horrible. He really was my baby. The diaper thing was just an inconvenience, had he been in any kind of pain or his quality of life been affected I would have had to make that horrible decision a year ago. He was happy & playing with Sasha. I couldn't put him to sleep cuz he had a dripping issue but yesterday morning when he couldn't lift himself up, I...........................I..................

I just don't know what happened to cause such a drastic change from 2 nights prior to yesterday morning. I keep running it through my head, trying to figure out where I missed the signs, did something happen to cause his rapid decline. It was the single worst thing I've ever had to witness, watching my fur-kid go through and that my vet wasn't open for 3 more hours was emotionally painful for all of us.

I'm worried if Sasha gets what happened. I'm not sure she realizes he's gone. This is my first time having a husky being around another husky that's dying. She hung around and sniffed him once or twice but mostly she stayed away. I don't know if that means anything or it matters. They say you can see depression in pets by judging if they are sleeping to much but she is like a cat, if she's not causing hell, she's asleep :) I don't know if finding her a companion matters sooner or later. I don't know that I want to get another husky, this feeling is miserable and I don't know that I want to keep going through this but she has always been with other huskys, never an only dog. I'm a mess....,

I take the train so it's not too bad ...yet. Lol.

I can't imagine what you're going through but again I'm so sorry for your loss. Like what was said you may second guess yourself and think you could have done more but truth is you just never know. I would have done the same thing, especially since it happened so fast. Thinking what you could have done differently will only make t worse.

You will know if it's time to get another dog. I would wait and give yourself time to grieve. If it's right for you then you'll know.

I'm not sure what I need, or need to be doing except maybe giving myself time like you guys suggested.  Focus on work, at work instead of my emotions.  This will be impossible at home until we can get into a new routine with Sasha. She unknowingly breaks my heart every morning, which makes it really hard for me to get on with the rest of my day. When they both finished their meals, they would both swap and go to each others bowls and make sure everything was gone, which is funny because when they eat, they usually ate all their food before they'd even walk away.  I thought by my picking up Timbers bowl, that she would stop going to his area where his bowl used to be but now she sits right where the bowl was and watches me and until she stops looking for him or his bowl, I'm not going to be able to move on either.  We'll get it all figured out but until then....,   

I thank you all for replying, caring and or sharing your encouraging words or memories.  You guys have been terrific but I think I need a break...,  and I promise I won't stay gone as long as I did last time :)        

I'm not sure what I need, or need to be doing except maybe giving myself time like you guys suggested.  Focus on work, at work instead of my emotions.  This will be impossible at home until we can get into a new routine with Sasha. She unknowingly breaks my heart every morning, which makes it really hard for me to get on with the rest of my day. When they both finished their meals, they would both swap and go to each others bowls and make sure everything was gone, which is funny because when they eat, they usually ate all their food before they'd even walk away.  I thought by my picking up Timbers bowl, that she would stop going to his area where his bowl used to be but now she sits right where the bowl was and watches me and until she stops looking for him or his bowl, I'm not going to be able to move on either.  We'll get it all figured out but until then....,   

I thank you all for replying, caring and or sharing your encouraging words or memories.  You guys have been terrific but I think I need a break...,  and I promise I won't stay gone as long as I did last time :)        

Well, we're not going anywhere :) always here for ya x