Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austinville

Iowa Camp 2015

Dates are set for the 2015 Iowa Husky Camp. We've added an extra day. Camp is scheduled for October 1-4, 2015 at Crazy Acres in Ackley, Iowa. Make your plans now.

Made my reservations tonight. Will send in my deposit this weekend.

PLEASE NOTE:

Iowa Camp 2015 has been changed to October 1-4. Cabins are already filling up very quickly! (I have edited the original post so all the information is correct.)

We were asked to change the dates of camp due to some howling pups (imagine that!) If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

:( would be in the fall semester of my sophomore year by then. Only if it's in December x

My boyfriend and i would like to come, are there any cabins left? and if so, is there anything we should know before hand before i reserve a cabin?

thank you!

My boyfriend and i would like to come, are there any cabins left? and if so, is there anything we should know before hand before i reserve a cabin?

thank you!

You would have to contact the campground directly. I don't know what, if any, cabins are still open. There are plenty of camper/tent sites available. There are also hotel rooms in Iowa Falls I can look into for you. (Iowa Falls is approximately 15 miles away from the campground.

This is the website for the campground. There is an email contact and/or phone on the website:

http://lbrandtscrazyacres.com/

$1,000,000 for every attendee would be nice. Seriously, it would be great if the Door County Sled Dogs would be back. I really enjoyed their conversations and stories. A couple years ago, someone suggested doing a garbage can turkey. Or maybe a Chili Contest one night. With the best chili cook receiving an award of some kind. Just tossing out some ideas. I have no stake in any of them.

Huskies in the Heartland

Garbage can turkey sounds good. You up for that? Of course we'll have to get together to practice.........(which would allow Sally to try out a new cheesecake recipe - like she needs practice at that!!!) and would also allow me some Rohn time! LOL

Just a reminder - Iowa Camp dates are October 1 through 4. This is our fifth annual camp, so we've added a day and are (hopefully) planning a t-shirt or sweatshirt to commemorate this. We have an artist completing the design and orders can be placed once the design is made and prices determined.

I know an artist, but we probably could not afford him.  He lives in California where the cost of living is through the roof, so he has to charge inflated prices for everything he does.  He charged this one lady over $10,000 to paint a portrait of her dog.  When he finished the portrait, it looked nothing like her dog.  So not only is he expensive, he's not too talented either.

We have something very special going on for Iowa Camp this year. A dear friend is drawing a design for a t-shirt which will be made available to those attending. Additionally, color prints of the design will be made (two or three) to be auctioned off. Funds generated will be designated to a husky rescue yet to be chosen.

Looking forward to sharing this design!

Someone from Vermont! @Mazz

Who? Who? Look at me, now I'm not only old, I'm an old owl.

It appears that all the cabins are full. (So neat to have them full six months out!)

There is plenty of RV, camper and tent spots available.

Wish I would have known sooner about the cabins! ): tents work tho love camping! Is there a place that we register? Or do we just show up?

Here's a link to the place where the Iowa USA Husky a Camp is held. http://www.lbrandtscrazyacres.com

You should contact them, give them the dates, and tell them you are coming to the Husky Camp. We have a great time. Last year the Door County Sled Dogs attended. They were such neat folks and had awesome stories to share and brought their dogs with. We are always happy to have new faces join in the activities. You can PM Austinville (Becky) for more info. She organizes the camp every year. The 2015 Camp is being extended to four days, starting on Thursday. Hope you can make it. If it's any help to sway your decision, we have cheesecake every year on Saturday night.

Wish I would have known sooner about the cabins! ): tents work tho love camping! Is there a place that we register? Or do we just show up?

Dave gave you the proper information.

I can tell you that all of the cabins are full. Camping (tent or RV sites are still available).

Well ill definitely be there and I emailed them but never got a write back so.. not sure what to do $:

It's a small town, and they don't respond right away. Give it til Monday, then send a second e-mail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.