True Blue Says Hi

Four weeks, ~$80 and hours of internet research later, True Blue Fantasy is finally home.

post-2850-0-46043300-1414269791_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-05382100-1414269793_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-83239400-1414269794_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-51473900-1414269796_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-10704300-1414269798_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-21172300-1414269855_thumb.jp

He's still a little unsure and confused, like every fish does in their first day home. But he's also curious and brave; trying to fit himself through every gap he could see. He looks apprehensive, but awestruck at the same time :) I just love how he super carefully swam through the Spongebob house's window, just to dash back to do it all over again :) x he also kept swimming towards me, though he still runs away if my finger gets too close. I must say, he reminded me to a certain fluffy dog when I first adopted him some four years ago xxx

Hopefully he'd live a long, happy life with me.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about another thing now; I just can't get True Blue out of the pet store's bowl without getting the water in it into my tank :( he's too scared to swim out, that poor little guy. So I now have pet store's water in my tank :( I do hope nothing bad would come out of it. It's too early to change the water right now, True Blue would freak out.

Can I bump this thread a bit just to say that I really love this little guy? :D This is day three, and True Blue already nibbles on my finger and lets me stroke him. I dip my finger in from time to time to check the water's temp (that thermometer could be inaccurate! Who knows?) and he'd race to my finger to circle it and give a few "kisses" :lol: sometimes he plays it coy; running away when my finger gets too close. But if I pretend I'm about to remove my finger he'd race back and do a couple more circles :wub: he's too cute.

EDIT:

Quick update; True Blue got fin rot. It's probably the pet store water. I think it was last night when I first noticed that there's a hole on his tail plus some ripped ends. Due to the size of the hole, I initially thought I'm just seeing things. But after comparing before-after pictures I'm now positive my little guy is unwell :( luckily the illness is at its earliest stage, so hopefully he won't need to be "hospitalized" for a whole week or more. I ran to Petco to grab aquarium salt but *somehow* they're out of stock. Seriously? The most common fish medicine ever is not sold in one of the largest pet store chains in The U.S? I can't buy them online and wait another week for the item to arrive, so I came home with pond salt :( online sources everywhere says they're just the same thing labeled differently (except that pond salt dissolves faster) but I'm still nervous. I feel like I hate Petco more and more :angry: I also found at least three dead Bettas walking past the fish shelf today. Gosh.

(( rant over ))

Oh no! Get well soon True Blue. (I thought at first you named him after the madonna song, lol).

What song? :lol: sounds interesting LOL

Well, I bought True Blue a half-gallon hospital tank which he absolutely hates. None of his fancy toys could fit in the hospital tank, so he's feeling a bit bored right now. He then decided to sulk :shrug: guess doggies aren't the only ones who hates "the vet" :lol:

I think I'm very lucky I caught the illness early. They say fin re-growth takes a while, but I don't see that hole anymore and this is only day two of hospitalization :) the tip of his tail still looks ripped though so I'm keeping him quarantined one more day. Poor boy, he misses his Spongebob house :) x

EDIT: just to explain things, "fin rot" is exactly what it sounds like. It's basically when bad bacterias slowly eat the fish away. The symptoms are ripped/wrecked fins or tails, hence the name.

Good morning folks! Happy first November! Looks like True Blue is off to a great start :) look!

His tail at its best:

post-2850-0-69160600-1414850740_thumb.jp

His tail at its worst:

post-2850-0-12944100-1414850733_thumb.jp

48 hours of quarantine later (sorry about the lack of light, this hospital tank needs to be kept dark to prevent bad bacteria growth)

post-2850-0-28844600-1414850729_thumb.jp

Therefore, I proclaim Mr. Fantasy is healthy enough to be discharged early tomorrow morning x