Christmas Presents

Val (Zebedee)

Well I never, ever, ever buy Christmas presents before December but this was tickets to a show (I obviously can't tell you which one in case Grumpy is lurking  ;)  ) so I had to buy now or get duff seats. 

As a rule, I keep Christmas in December, that includes all the present buying etc, makes the season much more special and you don't get bored waiting for the day to arrive! But am I going to be able to keep this a secret for another 2 months?????

How early have you started your Christmas shopping before now?

A friend from work has all hers done and wrapped too! [emoji33] I haven't even started thinking about xmas yet lol

WHAT??????? See, that takes all the fun of it away - I love the panic on a Christmas Eve trying to get everything covered, all part of Christmas for me lol

WHAT??????? See, that takes all the fun of it away - I love the panic on a Christmas Eve trying to get everything covered, all part of Christmas for me lol

I know I told her she was crazy lol , I'm gonna start either end of this month or next lol I'm not a big fan of xmas so just gonna put it off as long as I can lol

I've been searching around the web for gifts, but I haven't bought anything yet :D I agree with Val, best to keep it all in December. I mean, this is the first time I celebrate Christmas through participating in H-O's annual SS, but I do think buying presents in October spoils the fun!

I would love to keep to all in December but Christmas is crazy for us,

Dec 20th mother in laws birthday

Dec 25th Christmas duh

Dec 26th my mum's birthday

Dec 30th daughter's birthday

Jan 3rd son's birthday

Works out ruddy expensive !

I don't know about most organized Christmas, but I know my most disorganized, the year my daughter was born, I was doing fairly well until we were offered a two bedroom on Dec 9th, only we had to be in within 2 weeks, the other half was working 12 hour shifts every day to cover the days off we'd planned so he wouldn't miss the birth, and I was the size of an tank. We got everything shifted by the 23rd then closed the front door and went to stay with my mum, I LOVE MY MUM ! Stayed right over Christmas and she helped us get everything organized enough it was livable.

This is why I'd happily ban Christmas.  Now I'm not a miserable sort of person, in fact I love a good laugh, love being with my friends and family and am always the last one to leave a party.

But to have all of this pressure put on you to buy presents and make the house 'special' and buy too much food, what is the point?  

I am not religious one way or the other, but peole seem to forget why we even have the holiday!

Maybe I'm too bah humbug, maybe I've been in France too long, but I think it's just a cash cow for the retail industry.

If one wants to give and receive at christmas why doesn't one give to a charity and receive the knowledge we've helped some one.