? bout dog foord

i feed both of my husky's blue buffalo natural fish and sweet patatos brand they are both about 15 months old.I feed them 20oz each a day is that enough or too much cause this dog food is almost $60 a bag and it seems to only last 3 weeks.My male husky is also smaller than the female but they get the same amout of food each day

unless you are working your huskies, then a maintenance level food for a medium sized dog (for sibes) is usually enough.

i would speak to your vets about their food requirements, and also get them weighed to see if they are to light or to heavy.

you could have a large female husky, and a small male husky, the boy could possibly be the runt of the litter, or possibly deprived of vital nutrients at a key stage of his development.

i see a female husky near me who looks 2/3 grown, this is because she got a stomach bug that lasted for 2 months when she was young and it affected her growth.

Here's a link that describes the food: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=530&cat=all

We feed Zoya Taste of the Wild, two cups a day. Here's the link that describes that food: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1285&cat=all

The calorie content on the Blue food is 490 kCals/cup. The calorie content on TOTW is 370 kCals/cup. So if you go on calories, your dogs are getting 1225 kCals per day, each. Zoya takes in 740 kCals per day. Zoya weighs 58 pounds, is highly active so she gets a lot of exercise. If I fed her the calories your dogs take in, she'd be quite a bit overweight. TOTW runs me around $43 per 30 pound bag, and it lasts me about 6 to 7 weeks.

Are your dogs at a good weight? Can you feel the nibs of their backbone as you run your hand along their backs; and can you sense the outline of their ribs as you run your hands along their sides? Looking down from above, can you see a "waist" just ahead of their hips? Answer "yes" to all of these, and your dogs should be trim and fit. Answer "no" to any of these, and your dogs could be carrying a few extra pounds. Hope this helps.