Doo Lally Doodle

I often mention our 'doo lally' Labradoodle.

She is the most unkempt doodle out there but we love her, (and she is Luna's best friend), so I though I would post a quick picture of her whilst I have my Tablet in my hands!

post-7455-0-79085800-1413125839_thumb.jp

As we do Lysa our 'Sprolie', (of course), as we always choose the underdogs!

Lysa is so skittish that we find it hard to believe she would ever have found another loving home where she would receive the love, assurrance and patience that she needs - on a daily basis.

She has a bond with Skye, (Skye is in the background), although I suspect Skye recognises that Lysa falls below her in the pack hierarchy and she does tend to boss her around, at times, but will then happily groom her indefinitely!

post-7455-0-23332600-1413126097_thumb.jp

Our Labradoodle, (Cassie), has also suffered at some point in her past as she will not tolerate strangers and will actively pull away from any unusual people and/or objects.

She has a very wiry coat, (and would never have been chosen by your average family looking for a 'designer' dog), and if she had been chosen by said family I have no idea whether they would have the time, (and inclination), to deal with all her foibles!

That is probably why, (in the late 1990's), we went to the local cat rescue centre, (to choose a cat to take home), but we chose several, (so many, in fact, that they delivered them to our door)!

The reason for the number was simple - they were the cats cowering, (at the very back of the pens - in semi darkness), such was their outlook on life after being badly treated by their previous owners.

Nobody gave them a second glance and they were all destined to remain there until the inevitable occurred.

It took us two years to win over the confidence of one of the most badly affected - but she spent the rest of her life sleeping next to me on my pillow - it was a very sad day when she passed away.

Thanks to you all for your very kind comments and I am sure that I just heard Cassie mutter, (under her breath), 'I told you so'!

She is the absolute master of the 'sad' expression and the 'butter would not melt in my mouth' look but when you see how much delight she gets from fighting me and every other pack member, (at every opportunity), you will see why we also call her 'The Thug' and 'Bruiser' but she really is an absolute darling, (most of the time)!