Sponsor Appeal

Marc

Hi Guys,

I know some of you will have seen the text that appears at the top of the forum already over the past month or so regarding site sponsorship, however wanted to post up an announcement to emphasise the importance of what this means for the forum.

At present the forum costs a lot of money to run, not only because of the day to day running costs but also because of the amount of features we continue to try and provide for our users and the shear size of the site itself at near a million posts. The reality is that at present the forum is extremely underfunded to the extent that near half of the money required to run the forum comes directly from myself and Sarah. As I am sure you can imagine this is something which will eventually become unsustainable to us.

We have a few options that are available to us as a a site. At the end of the day, this is a hobby site and nothing more, and as such we could simply shut the place down and solve the problem once and for all. Of course this is something we have built up now over a number of years and something we would prefer not to do. Another option would be to reduce the number of items available to people and allow them only for site sponsors, which is something I have actually been thinking about doing, however this is something which goes against my philosophy personnally as I would like this place to be free for everyone to use and enjoy. This is the reason we set up the site in the first place and how we would like it to stay.

The reality is, the site is currently running on a shoe string. So baring shutting it down completely or reducing the resources so it is not the high powered quick and feature full site you enjoy I simply have to appeal to people for sponsorship of the site. It's quite simply costing far too much money to run on our own at well over £100 per month and thats not including any software maintenance fees which have to be paid, domain fees which have to be paid, and other fees which need to be paid for some of the features of the forum such as the chat bar, chatroom, mapping and much more.

So to see what you would gain from being a sponsor feel free to have a look at However I can honestly say at present its not about the features, its about maintaining the sites availability for everyone.

if you would like to sponsor, you can visit the "Sponsor Upgrade" tab in the navigation bar above.

Thankyou for reading peeps :)

Well its something I have been thinking of so, hell another reason to ditch the chocolate.... ha ha I could pay for the site on my own.  with the amount I get through.....

LOL .... Thankyou for your sponsorship, its very much appreciated :)