Monthly Height And Weight Growth Chart

Hello! I'm soon to be the new owner of two adorable Siberians and I'm trying to find out if anyone knows where I can find some sort of monthly growth chart. I'm volunteering in Finland at a dog sledding husky kennel right now and that's where I'm getting the puppies, but I'm returning to the US in January and I'm trying to figure out what size air carrier should to be built by the pet transporter I'm using.

When I fly, Ralph and Rhea (brother and sister) will be 5 and a half months. I've found info that says they'll probably be between 20-26 lbs, but I haven't read anything about height and length, which is what I need to get the appropriate-sized carrier. Also, I'd love to be able to send them together in the same carrier simply because they've never been separated and I've read that transporting dogs via air can possibly be quite traumatic.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Hi! Sorry, guess I should have clarified. I'm actually at the kennel with the puppies in Finland right now but they're only 5 weeks, and when we fly to the US they'll be 5 months. I'm hoping to get all of the transporting details settled way ahead of time.

Welcome! You got yourselves a pair of cute troublemakers there :)

I'm afraid there is nothing such as an accurate monthly height-weight chart. Each dog is different, and the only way of estimating a dog's weight/height in the future is calling your breeder. I don't know if the airline people will allow you to transport two dogs in the same carrier. It doesn't sound safe to me, but they'll be the judge of that. You don't need to buy the carriers now, do you? Grab one closer to date so you'd have a better idea of which one would fit.

Welcome to the forum Heather!

I am guessing you would need 2 crates similar in size and style to these, I very much doubt you would be allowed 2 dogs in one crate. I know that you definitely cannot have 2 per crate in or out of Australia. Also check that if you are going to have one made up that it fits the airlines regulations as normal wire crates are not airline approved.

You puppies look like real sweeties  :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ruffmaxx-Plastic-Dog-Kennel-36W-x-25-D-x-27-H-Dogs/21295571?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=91933529695&category=0%3A5440%3A202072%3A202077&client_guid=3522a023-0363-44ec-ade2-35257ff4ea4b&config_id=0&parent_item_id=28843779&guid=71b257d2-e77f-4109-90ad-dd5058a34b49&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n