Fanta Is Getting Bigger

Sarah

Never thought about having a snake..  To frightened it would escape.. I'd rather have a snake than a spider though.  Love his colour.. Does he have to have heated home?? I understand you are not allowed to feed anything with a back bone live to them???

they need a heat source yes, he has a heat mat under his bedding one one side and a colder hiding spot on the other side.  They need warmth to digest their food as they can't regulate their own body temps like we can :)  

You can get locks for the viv's so they don't escape - they're a big commitment though as they live for around 20 years :)

How big will he get???  I've always found them fascinating; the last place Daniel my son lived had snakes.. they were tiny when they first got them but were growing fast...   If I had one it would be the Houdini snake :D

For a corn they won't go beyond 6ft :)

I was hoping you would say not much bigger :o  Will you need to buy him a bigger home.. or buy your self the house next door and let him live in this one.. :D

:rofl:  he can live in a 3ft viv - they like to feel enclosed and safe - he comes out once a week for a "slither" around :)

I find reptiles fascinating creatures and I really like the idea of taking a Python for a walk - that would raise a few eyebrows, (I suspect that a collar would be as much use as a chocolate fireguard)!

Are they sociable, I wonder, do they recognise you and do they show any affection towards you?

The only exotic animals that I have come across were those living alongside me in the South African bush.

I can still remember, to this day, walking across a 'sea of Scorpions' and as I placed my feet on the ground the Scorpions would clear enough room for my foot!

I was also surprised how dark they were, (nearly black), and they were very small - nothing like the ones depicted in the Tarzan films.

Then there was the time when I broke down in a game reserve and daren't venture out of my vehicle, (as there were some very large grey 'cat' like animals resting amongst the bush between me and the water hole!

And then there was the time when I was snorkelling in the Red Sea and found myself amongst a number of Sharks. . . .

So much for a quiet life!

Corn's aren't venemous so no need to do that :)  Having animals and children in the house we couldn't risk getting a constricting snake or poisonous one (phew lol)

The snake isn't so much friendly, but likes being handled eventually lol it's just getting him out of his viv that's tough!

My bearded Dragon Dave is amazing, I love that guy to bits, he is so affectionate he lies on me and snuggles down to sleep and isn't in the least bit aggressive.  My chameleon is a nasty bugger he always tries to bite me when i put my hand in his viv but when you get him out, like the snake he is lovely  :rolleyes:

finally lil dud - my leopard gecko is amazingly tame and so inquisitive :wub: