Rest In Peace Sweet Sashimi

BKarchitect

I've been posting in the General Health thread about my young puppy Sashimi and the long-odds she has faced to survive a genetic condition.  Despite our best efforts, she has followed my precious Yuki to the Rainbow Bridge after our two week long ordeal to try and save her.

Not counting 4 hour round trips to the university research hospital, we only had Sashimi basically for a bit over a week but that we would go to such personal sacrifice and expense to do everything we could for her should tell you just how much of an impact she had on our hearts...she was the sweetest little thing and certainly did not deserve the fate she had.  I'll be forever sad not to be able to watch her grow up and play and her little brother will miss her as well.

Losing my best friend Yuki suddenly to a rare, basically undetectable cancer and then the bright young ray of sunshine in Sashimi to a very rare genetic disorder in the span of a month has been tough.  Things out of our control but no less devastating.  That I was able to be there with each in the end, holding them hurts my heart but at least I know that they knew love.

RIP Sashimi...your life was too short but your love was not and may you run free with Yuki until we meet again...

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

Another angel has touched the hearts of man, and returned over the bridge.  RIP little one.  Run free.

Byron and family, I am so sorry for your loss.  It's not at all easy to make the decision you made, but sometimes, life is meant to be short.  Sashimi was indeed, so lucky to have you as her family during her short time.  I'm sure she will always be remembered with love.  And that's how it should be.  We all bear a small part of your pain today.  Please know that you have done the best anyone could have done, more in fact, than many are willing or able to do.  Please share with us the progress of Sushi as he grows up, and please know, that we all share in both the joys of ownership, and the heartache of loss.