My Second Girl Cricket

Hi all I posted a thread about lilly well this is her big little sister Cricket, cricket had a very rough start to life and if your up for the read ill tell you :), I volunteered for a animal organization that fostered and rehomed dogs, now cricket was bought to me at about 9pm one night by the police, she was rescued from a dog fighting camp, but because she wouldnt fight she was about to be used as bait for the fighters ( this involved many things as well as ripping there teeth out ) cricket fortunatly was rescued before that stage, but she was beaten prefusely, starved, and almost dead, (in fact the cop that dropped her off said just make her comfy until she passes ), as a result she has suffered brain damage, and is a little deaf and is easily confused, when she was dropped off she was covered in blood, mud, and other nasty stuff, she was so skinny her skin had suck almost an inch into her ribs, she was tired, and very skittish, to even go near her she would urinate herself, so I did what I usually did and gave her a nice warm bath ( 3 infact, would give you an indercation of how dirty she was ) removed all ticks I could find and treated her for fleas, I then let her have the run of the house ( she hid under the table ), I put out a small handfull of biccies for her and walked away, about an hour later she came very quietly into the loungroom where I was sitting and looked out the door, at that time the blood hound across the road barked and she got scared ran to me, jumped up onto my lap and didn't move, I think it was at that stage I knew I wouldnt rehome her but adopt her instead lol and here we are today, 8 months later shes a healthy 47kgs, has her companion and little big sister lilly :), ill post some pics once I minimize them

So sad that these people do these things, I hope that the police were able to close this group down and lock these people away..  (to good for them as far as I am concerned).

She looks wonderful now and you would never guess she has been abused.. Well done to you and people like you who help these dogs...

I love the pics can't wait to see more. :huskyhugs: