Husky Owners Award.

BlueWolf

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New laptop eh?!!Early Christmas present to yourself?! ;)

Definitely a present for myself but not for Christmas as we don't celebrate Christmas like in other countries :P

I had this very tiny eee-pc until now (one that you can hold in just one hand) and I though it was time for a proper upgrade :)

YOUR WEBSITE VOTESThankyou for voting.

Husky Owners now has 9619 votes towards this years awards

and 16135 as the total number of votes for all time

Please come back to www.1award.co.uk and vote again tomorrow.

YOUR WEBSITE VOTES

Thankyou for voting.

Husky Owners now has 9623 votes towards this years awards

and 16139 as the total number of votes for all time

Please come back to www.1award.co.uk and vote again tomorrow.

A fun, friendly and informative forum, built by husky owners, for husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive

Definitely a present for myself but not for Christmas as we don't celebrate Christmas like in other countries :P

I had this very tiny eee-pc until now (one that you can hold in just one hand) and I though it was time for a proper upgrade :)

Good for you!You won't know yourself with the bigger screen. I've a decent sized laptop, was thinking of getting a tablet - just be handy to bring around the place!Just out of interest, what do ye do for Christmas?It's commercial overload here, buy this, buy that until all your money is gone ;)

Good for you!You won't know yourself with the bigger screen. I've a decent sized laptop, was thinking of getting a tablet - just be handy to bring around the place!Just out of interest, what do ye do for Christmas?It's commercial overload here, buy this, buy that until all your money is gone ;)

Well, we have Sinterklaas on December the 5th. He is very similar to Santa Claus (in fact, he's inspired by Sinterklaas). He comes over from Spain with a steamboot usually a few weeks before that and while he's here he visits schools and other places with children. Everywhere he goes he throws candy for the children around. He has helpers called Black Petes and his trusty horse to get around. Children leave their shoes in front of the heater and the next morning they wake up, it's usually filled with chocolate or other tasty things :) On the evening of the 5th children will sing for him and those we were good in the last year get presents from Sinterklaas. On the 6th he leaves the country again.

As you can see it's mostly focused on the children. Since Christmas is so quickly after it most people don't celebrate it with presents again (but we do have all the other usual things). Lately Santa Claus and getting presents on Christmas is getting more popular here, and so does the commercial feast around it.

Well, we have Sinterklaas on December the 5th. He is very similar to Santa Claus (in fact, he's inspired by Sinterklaas). He comes over from Spain with a steamboot usually a few weeks before that and while he's here he visits schools and other places with children. Everywhere he goes he throws candy for the children around. He has helpers called Black Petes and his trusty horse to get around. Children leave their shoes in front of the heater and the next morning they wake up, it's usually filled with chocolate or other tasty things :) On the evening of the 5th children will sing for him and those we were good in the last year get presents from Sinterklaas. On the 6th he leaves the country again.

As you can see it's mostly focused on the children. Since Christmas is so quickly after it most people don't celebrate it with presents again (but we do have all the other usual things). Lately Santa Claus and getting presents on Christmas is getting more popular here, and so does the commercial feast around it.

Wow, that is really cool...and interesting, thanks for filling me in. I use to have a book when I was a kid telling the stories of all the different "Santas" around the world and their cultures, can't remember half the stories! The kid in me wishes he was real, lol!

Archived