Design Ideas - Husky Owners

Marc

OK guys, I would like your inspiration and help with something.

As you know the site will be upgrading to the latest version of the software at some point over the coming months. This is a major upgrade of the software and a complete rewrite, therefore the skin we currently have will need to be rewritten from scratch also. This clearly gives us, as a site, a chance to improve upon the visual aspects of the forum and ensure that its as nice a place to visit as it can possibly be. So I would like you input on this.

Our design rules

1. The currently logo must fit the new design
  2. The current colour scheme must be used. This is because we dont want the new site to look "Oh, thats not husky owners"
  3. Navigation links will be being moved to the very top of the forum, you would need to account for this.

It doesnt matter whether your a designer, whether you are good on photoshop (drawings are fine) or otherwise as all input is helpful and will help us when we are coming up with our visualisation of how husky owners should look going into the future.

Below is an image of the the new software looks (some elements are still being designed and I have included 2 widths) to give you an idea of the framework we are working within if you should wish to look at this, but anything is potentially possible. It does however give you an idea of where the navigation elements are, and where personally I would like them to stay for reasons of future development. However feel free to have a "no holds barred" approach to playing around and see what you can come up with, as you may well come up with ideas we want to add even if its not the design in its entirety. Nothing is a bad idea, its just an idea so feel free to post them up.

post-1-0-64194300-1407593222_thumb.png

post-1-0-76471500-1407593226_thumb.png

post-1-0-06443100-1407593230_thumb.png

post-1-0-94450500-1407593233_thumb.png

post-1-0-92860800-1407593236_thumb.png

post-1-0-74692600-1407593239_thumb.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know about that Emma! :rofl:

Just keep it plain & simple, without large images that takes forever to load ;)

Also the current background is great since it does not distract attention!

The preview pics obviously looks a bit dull but with the orange it will look better :up:

I'd like to see a tiled app effect of the forum a little like windows 8 Hard to write down but will explain when we talk Marc :)

No prob

PLEASE don't go Windows 8 on here... it gives me nightmares! :facepalm:

Windows 8 as far as look goes is actually quite good, its the user experience thats an absolute nightmare. Dont worry I wont be going down any route whatsoever that kills the experience on husky owners

I'm with Cindy on this, please don't Tile the forum, I hate the "push on this tile", then "Push on that tile" then (maybe) get into the ap that should have been an icon on the desktop in the first place.

Since we're on the topic, would it be possible to "restructure" some of the images that get posted, we have one on the home page that is apparently so large that it takes forever to load - an automatic resize would be nice.

I'm with Cindy on this, please don't Tile the forum, I hate the "push on this tile", then "Push on that tile" then (maybe) get into the ap that should have been an icon on the desktop in the first place.

Since we're on the topic, would it be possible to "restructure" some of the images that get posted, we have one on the home page that is apparently so large that it takes forever to load - an automatic resize would be nice.

If it will wind you up we might just do it  :cheeky:

Hey, don't be that way, Marc told me I had to be nice and I'm trying (( yeh, nice and trying!! before you get a chance to! ))

LMAO You know I just had a really bad night in work came home in a really p... bad mood and you made me  :lol:

yeah I don't like the fact that you have to press on so many tiles to actually get somewhere too!

Like getting where I want in less than 3 clicks ;) if it's tiled images it will just take longer too!

Also consider that a lot of us are using tablets (and don't like tapatalk) so keep that in mind please when making design changes ;)

I have actually asked questions on image resizing on IPB4 but not got any answers as of yet. However Im actually the author of the image bar so I dare say I can put some thought into that part on rewrite

yeah I don't like the fact that you have to press on so many tiles to actually get somewhere too!

Like getting where I want in less than 3 clicks ;) if it's tiled images it will just take longer too!

Also consider that a lot of us are using tablets (and don't like tapatalk) so keep that in mind please when making design changes ;)

Tablets etc should become better for you to use than at present as you dont be presented with the mobile skin (at least not as such) because the skin is responsive so essentially alters itself to fit different sizes of device.

BTW, dont worry about the forum completely changing design as that wont happen unless parts are for the better. Been spending some time with it today (got a very very early copy of the forum app this morning) and just having a basic play around achieving the look of our forum will be quite easy.

post-1-0-80042200-1408211529_thumb.png

There are certain colours that everyone would associate with the forum, ie the orange...

Just stick to those and I think all will be fine :)

I'm sure there are lists of different fancy plugins, but they become annoying after a while, I'd pretty much keep it to how it is now

I'm sure there are lists of different fancy plugins, but they become annoying after a while, I'd pretty much keep it to how it is now

Actually quite the opposite, there are no plugins whatsoever at the moment as its a complete rewrite of the software from the core upward lol