Bark - A Pointless But Fun App For Your Phone

BlueWolf

So I just found this gem in the play store  :rofl:  From the description:

The Internet allowed humans to communicate with each other no matter how far away they are.
However, it also made people talk less with their friends and family, and with their neighborhood.
Sometimes we try, but often we don't have many thing to say.
So what if you can just bark?
When a dog starts barking, other dogs follow.
We thought this could be the most effective way of communication.
You don't need to speak the same language.
You don't even really need to have anything to say.
Because now you can just bark with this app.
Bark allows you to send your dog's bark to all the other people with Bark within 1 mile of where you are.
If they hear you, they can bark back.
Who knows? Your bark may travel to the ends of the earth.

I just tried it myself. I barked a few times in the neighbourhood and sure enough I got a response from someone! I replied back with a bark, and he replied back with a few barks. I have no idea who this person is other than that he was about a kilometer away. This is so pointless and so simple, it's actually quite fun again  :rofl:  I know what I'm going to do the next time I'm away from home. Just randomly barking around and see who I get a response from  :rofl:

Play Store | App Store

LOL, can i do that with a blackberry?

Seems only to be available for Android and iPhone.

I just had a great random thought. Can you imagine having this on all our phones installed when going to husky camp? That would be hilarious. Not only our dogs can bark at each other, so can we!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Everyone has their own dog sound so after a while you could recognise each other.

My dogs rarely bark though, do you have to record them barking?

No. You use the app to 'bark', and that's about all you can do. It has one button :rolleyes: But your bark (which there are 8 to choose from, but you can only choose once) can be heard in the range of a mile on everyone's phone that also got it installed.

I was out walking with the dogs just now and suddenly my phone started barking at me. Took me a few seconds for me to realise it weren't my own dogs but just somebody nearby that used the app  :rofl:

I think the reason why this intrigues me is because it's all local. You only hear barks from people in your neighbourhood. And when you hear them you can also reply back to them, knowing it's somebody that may just be around the corner.

I can just see what would happen at camp when there all drunk hahaha that would be hilarious!!

Now I gotta check this out lol

Going by the sydneyitguy who made it it was an Aussie who came up with it haha typical aussie!