White Dog

Tia, I finally found it and just finished watching it.  Whoever the dog trainer involved is did a great job with this beautiful dog, he's an excellent actor.  While I wouldn't have used the technique that Keys (the trainer in the film) did, I understand what he was trying to accomplish and the method behind it ... I just don't think it works.  The ending wasn't too unexpected but it was a disappointment ... it would have been better if the dog had been "cured" but the drama required that it be killed (damnit!!)

Liv, no, Liv, it's not weird, there are places here ion the states where they still train "white dogs".  While the issue of racism is better than it was when I was growing up ( we seriously had black and white water fountains in school ) it's still a major problem.  Maybe in another hundred years it'll be better - I hope it'll be better.  But for the short run there's still way too much racism for my book.

Its crazy isn't it? I never knew dogs like this existed but I guess that's what makes the loyal and dangerous in some cases. It really does bring to light though how bad racism really was / continues to be. Its never shown in films like 12 years a slave or django unchained that there were animals trained to hunt down black people and simply kill them. The ending was very disappointing, and I wanted to see more of the guy who come to collect the dog & seemed proud for the way he trained it? Like him to be charged or something? :S I dno

I'd like to see this movie what's the name of it ???

I have a white german shepherd who is very protective over her family and pack.

She hasn't been trained to be this way it's just her nature.

It's odd, to me, how a dog who's naturally protective can be trained to be aggressive to a specific group.  The GSD that my cousin brought up from Syracuse hated kids - she'd been teased no end by kids going to / coming from school.  At first she was just plain mean, didn't want anything to do with anyone but I eventually won her over by nothing more than food and time.  Then she was obviously *my* dog. My uncle, with whom I was staying, was still afraid of her!

I was in an old cabin in a sugar bush one year and something came out of the swamp behind us, she wanted out *now* and I thought she was going to go through the door, turned out we had a brown bear come visit us during the night and she was going to protect us ... well, maybe she'd try.