For Those That Can Watch Their Dogs Through A Webcam While They're Away...

BlueWolf

...What do you use? Do you use a webcam attached to a computer that's always one or a separate product without the need of a computer? I'm interested to hear what solutions are out there.

This is not for myself but for someone else who asked about it. Realised I know nothing about it but remembered I saw people talking about it on here before :)

I have a d-link webcam set up to watch the dogs while I'm away. It connects right to my wifi connection so i don't need it hooked up to a computer. Then I have an app or log on to the website to view it. It also has a sd card so I can record it as well

• 3 weeks later...

I use the webcam on my laptop, it works just fine. I have an app that I connect to (iPetWatcher, its free). And there's little delay, especially if you turn off the two-way feature. Sometimes the video is choppy, but that's to be expected on the 3G network. The sound always comes through, though.

I dont have it myself but my dog walker has cctv in her house which she can watch from her phone wherever they are! was how we found out Skye had eaten a box full of "the pill" (as in what women take to stop getting pregnant!)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a d-link webcam set up to watch the dogs while I'm away. It connects right to my wifi connection so i don't need it hooked up to a computer. Then I have an app or log on to the website to view it. It also has a sd card so I can record it as well

hi can u give me a link online on amazon, ebay or other site that i can buy this camera to send it to me internationally ? and more info how to set it up ? i need info to do set this up in near future...does it include sound too ?

I use the webcam on my laptop, it works just fine. I have an app that I connect to (iPetWatcher, its free). And there's little delay, especially if you turn off the two-way feature. Sometimes the video is choppy, but that's to be expected on the 3G network. The sound always comes through, though.

can u give me more info how to set this up and how it works? 

hi can u give me a link online on amazon, ebay or other site that i can buy this camera to send it to me internationally ? and more info how to set it up ? i need info to do set this up in near future...does it include sound too ?

can u give me more info how to set this up and how it works? 

Sure. Install the app on your phone (I think its only available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch). Then, open up http://ipetwatcher.com/ and click on 'create new account'.

More information on how to set it up is on their website: http://ipetwatcher.com/Help.php

But, basically, you need a webcam on your computer. The webcam from the computer/other iDevice sends the video data to your phone/other iDevice when you install and sign into the app. Its rather simple, really. 

There's a two way feature, so you can talk to your dog while you are away. But I find that decreases performance (and Suka doesn't respond to sounds that come from inanimate objects anyways), so you can turn that off from your phone. 

Sure. Install the app on your phone (I think its only available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch). Then, open up http://ipetwatcher.com/ and click on 'create new account'.

More information on how to set it up is on their website: http://ipetwatcher.com/Help.php

But, basically, you need a webcam on your computer. The webcam from the computer/other iDevice sends the video data to your phone/other iDevice when you install and sign into the app. Its rather simple, really. 

There's a two way feature, so you can talk to your dog while you are away. But I find that decreases performance (and Suka doesn't respond to sounds that come from inanimate objects anyways), so you can turn that off from your phone. 

so how can i watch them in their kennel ? they liike hearing my voice it sounds cool...

do i use a camera in the kennel , or do i leave my laptop in there with the camera pointing at dogs ? because my camera is part of my laptop and also i need internet for laptop to be connected to right ?

so how can i watch them in their kennel ? they liike hearing my voice it sounds cool...

do i use a camera in the kennel , or do i leave my laptop in there with the camera pointing at dogs ? because my camera is part of my laptop and also i need internet for laptop to be connected to right ?

If your laptop has a built in webcam, then that will do. 

And yes, you need internet for your laptop. 

If your laptop has a built in webcam, then that will do. 

And yes, you need internet for your laptop. 

if there is no internet downstairs where their kennel is what is the best solution in that case ? can i for example use my phone with that app on which is android to view with the phone camera on 3g mobile network and then go to my pc and see from there where there is wi fi in the house what dogs do in the kennel ? im trying to find what is best for that case