Just Needed To Update We Did Not Get A Husky...

I joined last year in October thinking my daughter was going to get a husky. Well, at the Shelter in December we were Volunteering and she made a comment she really wanted her dog not just to volunteer. So, we went next door  to Animal Control and they had a 1 Yr old Husky that would not respond to us, and my daughter said a puppy will be better. Went back to the Shelter ( Non Kill the one we Volunteer with) and she picked a black little girl puppy. I said ok, now be sure theres other puppies here, walk away, she did and said yes she wanted that one. I said ok, while I went to get the card, I told her look at the other two, she did. Well, she couldnt decide. So I had the staff take those two pups ( one for my son) to play in the greet room. Told her we then can see the other one as well. She decided to take her as my son chose the male puppy( siblings). So, they ended up with a couple problems but got heir health back up and now they are doing great! 50 pounds so far, not sure if they will get bigger- they are almost a year now.

So, the breed is Australian Shepherd mix, but the female sure acts like a husky by climbing the chain link, talking, and they both have tried to jump over the fence to get to some birds flying over. I told her one day she can still get her husky. Well, you all were so kind welcoming me before, I never forgot about this wonderful site, I just have been crazy busy and felt kinda weird coming back not having a Husky. Of course, I see as this thread states "Other Pets & Breeds"

Oh, shoot and I was looking forward to having a Husky meet up somewhere around Van Horn!  That's okay, I'd have preferred a Heeler if it had to be an Australian anything but it's your (and your kids) dogs! Thanks for rescuing!!!!!!!!

As the others have said, send us a few pictures and don't go too far - there's a Husky in your future one of these days!!

Edited by Al Jones

Congrats on the new additions. Most doggy things are universal so I am sure that people here would have plenty of advice to offer with any questions you may have during this wonderful journey. 

Aww, congratulations on your new furry family members! [emoji1]

Thank you so much for your update, it's always good to hear what happened next. Good luck and like jase said, if you have any questions we'll do our best to help. [emoji3]