Awful Day

well, I don't know if anyone remembers my topic about the two pits next door that are very dog aggressive. but, yesterday, around 6:00pm my neighbor called me freaking out. it had been storming on & off all day and I guess the dogs had escaped the yard (of course) and they couldn't find them.

I was at my grandparent's house with my chad and paisley, so I loaded them up and took them home then went out driving to try and find the two dogs. needless to say, I didn't. we live in a very rural area where 80% of the land is corn fields. my entire house is surrounded by corn, except my one neighbor and the front yard is facing the road. anyways, I drove around until about 8:00 pm then told her I was running out of gas so I was going to ride along with her to be an extra pair of eyes. she agreed so I met her at my house and jumped in.

we searched until about 9:30 pm (all the while stopping and asking everyone if they had seen them and warning them to keep their dogs up). we stopped at her house then headed for the cornfield on a fourwheeler. might I add, ticks are awful here and they absolutely terrify me. but I went anyways!

rode until about 10, then finally went home to alert the rest of the search party we were having no luck. they said they would ride around Woodlawn one more time, then meet us back at her house to talk and finally go home. well, as they were about to pull out of the driveway, they started honking and screaming "Axle!" which is the male's (more aggressive one) name. he was found! but his buddy was no where in sight.

we drove around until 1am, when we finally ran her car out of gas.

her boyfriend (who lives with her) called her. this is their convo-

Daniel- hey where are you?

Leah- coming home

Daniel- any luck?

Leah- no.

daniel- what do you think happened to her?

leah- I don't know. I can't see them separating unless Lola was hurt or dead.

Daniel- how could she be hurt if she's standing in front of me eating?

Leah- oh my fxxxing god no way. I'm gonna punch you in the face if you're lying omg

she hung up the phone and went about 80 mph the rest of the way home. and Lola was there :)

my first reaction when I saw both of them was to check for blood to see if they had hurt anything or if they were hurt, but I didn't see anything. so I was happy.

anyways, that was my night last night.

today has been equally as bad, just in case you're wondering. but that's a whole different story. ??

Bloody hell glad they found them , I'd have punched him anyway for that conversation instead of just saying he'd found her! So good of you to help out

to be honest, I mostly helped because I was hoping we could find them before anyone or any animals got hurt (which we did, thankfully). I was worried sick for everyone else's animals. [emoji15] I'm just happy they didn't get ahold of anyone's pets. thanks! it was so scary.

EDIT- especially wondering around in the corn field with all the coyotes and bob cats ?

Isn't this the same people that you've been having fits with about their dogs .... and you go out dog-hunting with them???  That says a lot more about you than them, I'd be thinking!!

If it'd been me I'd have been inclined to say that I was not at home and I was busy elsewhere, sorry.

Baylee, you're a much nicer person than I am .....

Isn't this the same people that you've been having fits with about their dogs .... and you go out dog-hunting with them??? That says a lot more about you than them, I'd be thinking!!

If it'd been me I'd have been inclined to say that I was not at home and I was busy elsewhere, sorry.

Baylee, you're a much nicer person than I am .....

hahaha, I would much rather have a safe neighborhood than show up my neighbors. ya know?

haha I try to be nice! but it's difficult sometimes ! thanks, I think! ;)

SO happy to hear they're safe and sound! Hope they managed to doggy-proof their yard for the next thunderstorm!

I hope they just keep them inside! they broke through their electric fence. [emoji17] so I'm worried they now know they CAN. and they'll do it more often. ya know? ugh [emoji17]

Looks like that e-fence short-circuited and died. Why do people still use that thing? =\

So now you know for sure that your neighbors are thoroughly concerned about the safety of their pets. Is it a good time to remind them that they need to be concerned about the safety of other people's pets as well?

No, am sure they do care. About THEIR pets. Not about the others :( because if they do they'd be calling a behaviorist by now. Well, that fence must've been dead for a long time now then!

yeah, that's true. Leah was about in tears when Lola didn't come back with axle. but Lola is a sweetheart (to people). I don't know if we honestly have behaviorists around here, I've never heard of any. hmm. I need to look into that! and yeah, I guess so! it never seems to work. [emoji19]