Help! Freya Is Vomiting!

Wolfee

Please help!

Freya keeps vomiting, but it's not like normal vomit... It's just clear, as if it's water, with a few... Chunks in it now and again (gross I know)... 

She's acting a little bit strange too, she's not eating, not playing with a chew I gave her, she's lying down a lot and she looks as if she's exhausted... 

Is this serious, or is it just a 24 hour thing? Should I take her to the vets?! 

Thanks for helping, 

- Wolfee

Hi,

I'm not an expert by far and must admit a bit of a worrier but when Nero was in a similar situation I did take him straight to the vet and he was given something to help settle him ( although he has digestion issues anyway) is she still drinking water? If so maybe monitor her overnight and if not perking up at all go to the vet then?

Probably not helpful but hopefully she will be back to normal quickly!

I would not wait on something like this. I recommend a vet as soon as possible. Not eating and vomiting could indicate an obstruction. Don't mean to cause any alarm. It could be a simple matter, or it could be very serious.

Just to let everyone know, Freya is fine! 

I think it was just a bad reaction to the weather. It's been extremely hot where we live lately, so I think she just over-heated or something. Or maybe dehydration... She howled the place down yesterday until I let her out into the garden, which she just ran around in for about 10 minutes straight, so It's safe to say she's back to her old self :') 

Thanks all for the advice!

Both overheating and dehydration are not good, and potentially lethal. Although I've never heard vomiting as a side effect of overheating, I'd still ring the vet (costs $0 right?) just to make sure.

Glad to hear she's back to her old self now though