Introducing Brolloks

So, first off he's a little sweetheart! :wub: the breeder warned that he's the most active & naughtiest of the litter, but I have yet to experience that :D

He's one of 8 pups, 3 being black & white, and the other 5 brown & white.

My father got him for me (since he knows I've been wanting a red one ever since our first Border Collie way back!) I didn't exactly plan another puppy right now, but hey it can't be that bad doing them together and then being out of the puppy stage! :D and besides, since Smokey and Wollie still doesn't get along after 'the biting incident' I figured Smokes could use a pal to grow up with!

Now then you ask, what's with the weird name??

Well, it comes from my favourite childhood story that my father used to read by CJ Langenhoven called 'Brolloks en Bittergal'

And since the dog comes from the town that Langenhoven grew up in (even Riversdale's high school is named after him) I thought it most fitting! Also 'Brolloks' is the man eating giant in the story ;):D

You can translate this page to English (or whatever language google can do) http://maroelamedia.co.za/blog/boeretroos/uittreksel-storieman/

A picture of the original 'Brolloks'

avatars-000012585859-wuqprr-crop.jpg

Two pics of BC Brolloks taken at the breeder

post-11912-0-22343800-1406052274_thumb.j

post-11912-0-14102000-1406052284_thumb.j

Smokey seems to like him and he wants to be with her all the time, but she's a bit rough at the moment! He's so tiny compared to her, but I'm sure in a week or two's time they'd be best buds! And more important, there'd be someone to terrorise her for a change :D

Also, something to note... he actually already comes when called!!! Since I booked him, I gave the breeder his name and they called hi that so he already knows his name! Sooooo much easier than acting like a nutjob to get a Husky pup's attention! ;) and he already has a better recall than Smokey! :shrug:

I'll post more pics in the morning, but since Al insisted, I started the post tonight! :P

Thank you all the way 'round for the pictures, such a cute pup, but aren't all pups??  And of course I was wondering about "Brollocks" that's a bit unusual even for a Husky :)  (( gonna have to Google for that in English ))

You know that his coming is going to wear off when he figures he can get away with it ... selective hearing and all.  Right now you're the substitute for the momma he left behind so of course he's going to come when you call.

Edited by Al Jones

And of course I was wondering about "Brollocks" that's a bit unusual even for a Husky :) 

A Husky??? He's a Border Collie :D (thats why it's posted in the other pets section ;) )no way I'd have 2 Husky puppies at the same time, not experienced enough with them! :D

And Border Collies can be a bit strange and unusual ;)

And hopefully his recall will stay at 100% ;) since a BC is considered the most intelligent and trainable dog in the world :D but I'm starting to think Huskies are just as clever!!!! Smokey can be quite a little genius at times!

Welcome brollocks (had to watch how I typed that! Lmao) must confess I did wonder on the choice of name (very close to an English swear word, lol).

Congratulations! Will be looking out for lots more pics! [emoji1]

Welcome brollocks (had to watch how I typed that! Lmao) must confess I did wonder on the choice of name (very close to an English swear word, lol).

Congratulations! Will be looking out for lots more pics! [emoji1]

Actually Al misspelled or misstyped: it's Brolloks without the 'c' :P

And not near any swear words in Afrikaans...I don't care what the English people here (in SA not on the forum!) thinks anyways! He'll end up with some sort of nickname soon enough! :rolleyes: Smokey already has a few, the main one being 'bosluis' (tick) and she even responds to that instead of her name! :shrug:

You'll be seeing him around lots in the future as I'm sure Smokey and him will be glued together pretty soon! Now she has her own (hopefully indestructable) live toy & entertainment :D

oh my gosh! that is so cute. do border collie's ears stand up? I've never seen one with up ears!

Thanks Baylee!

Nope his ears were only up because I kept squeaking a toy to get his attention...they're normally floppy as can be :D

Thanks Baylee!

Nope his ears were only up because I kept squeaking a toy to get his attention...they're normally floppy as can be :D

you're welcome! he's definitely gonna be quite the looker :D can't wait to see him full grown. ;) but good on the ears.. I was feeling kinda dumb [emoji15] haha. pais is in her radar ear phase [emoji17] :P

Well, at that age it's hard to tell a Husky from a chihuahua, much less a border collie!!  Puppies ( like little babies ) all seem to look alike!!

I did *not* misspell his name, you did!!  There should be a 'c' in it!!  (( so there!! ))

Love that picture of him chewing on the whatever it is;  How come Snowy's not in there getting chewed on???

Well, at that age it's hard to tell a Husky from a chihuahua, much less a border collie!!  Puppies ( like little babies ) all seem to look alike!!

I did *not* misspell his name, you did!!  There should be a 'c' in it!!  (( so there!! ))

Love that picture of him chewing on the whatever it is;  How come Snowy's not in there getting chewed on???

Al, you're becoming an expert at misspelling names LOL who's Snowy?? :rofl:

Nope, I'm pretty sure I know how to spell it in Afrikaans :D

But from now on lets just call him 'B' on here to stop confusion ;)

And I see you decided to get me an all white husky and call it Snowy!!!! How nice, will you be hand delivering her???? :lmao::P

Oh, c'mon gimme a break, Smokey .... it's late and I shouldn't be up in the last place!!

Isn't it 'in the first place'?? :rofl:

Oh wow Cindy he looks really mischievous! Are his eyes going green? And I just LOOOVE that nose! too cute! He is going to be a real looker! I just love Border Collies. We had one when I was a child and she was a real handful. Literally ran a trench parallel to the fence from chasing people walking in the street! But she was just so loving.

Congrats! do post more pics :D

Nope, I'm pretty sure I know how to spell it in Afrikaans :D

But from now on lets just call him 'B' on here to stop confusion ;)

And I see you decided to get me an all white husky and call it Snowy!!!! How nice, will you be hand delivering her???? :lmao::P

Isn't it 'in the first place'?? :rofl:

Just noticed that the quick post from my tablet isn't here <????>

Delivery service, nope, if you want her you'll have to come get her !!!!

When someone is as tired as I was when I wrote that, there is no "first place" I had to be dragging up "in the last place".

Oh wow Cindy he looks really mischievous! Are his eyes going green? And I just LOOOVE that nose! too cute! He is going to be a real looker! I just love Border Collies. We had one when I was a child and she was a real handful. Literally ran a trench parallel to the fence from chasing people walking in the street! But she was just so loving.

Congrats! do post more pics :D

thanks!

yes, his eyes should go green, but right now they're between grey-green and a dull blue ;)

And yes they love to chase people or cars passing by! And he loves to play tug already and growl, so he'll make a great guarddog ;) he is a handful and very gorgeous, but also very sweet!

Just noticed that the quick post from my tablet isn't here <????>

Delivery service, nope, if you want her you'll have to come get her !!!!

When someone is as tired as I was when I wrote that, there is no "first place" I had to be dragging up "in the last place".

well, I hope you get some time to relax and recharge on your trip then :D