Elbow Dysplasia

Sorry Nix, no I haven't.   Will be interesting in listening to the responses though as although Bear's elbows are ok, I do wonder about her back legs.  She's always sat with her legs turned to one side since she was a tiny puppy and sometimes when she runs up the stairs I can hear a "click click click" sound.   All i know really about dysplasia is that heavy dogs, pups who grow too rapidly etc... are more susceptible, so not a lot basically.  :shrug:

6e9a7ete.jpg

If you look at Yukons front legs I always thought he had elbow dysplasia. The vet just said it was a deformity and he could have surgery but it would only be cosmetic she said if it's not hurting him it's not necessary but I'm not sure if it is or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't know anything about elbow dysplasia but my neighbor's dog, with whom I often walk Diamond, has hip dysplasia... which is pretty much the same illness happening to different joints?

Anyways it is hard to miss the signs of HD. The dog would not be able to walk too long. ~30 minutes of relaxed walk later you'd see that the dog starts limping. Not your usual paw-off-the-ground limp either... It's kind of a funny limp because the dog is still on all four, but you can just see that the joints are not working right. The dog would also experience difficulty standing up from a sleeping/laid down position, though the difficulty level varies by severity level. In a scale of 1-10, Troy; my neighbor's Rottweiler, would probably score 3 or 4 in severity level. Although he needs to stop and lay down in the middle of his walk for about 15 minutes, he's not in pain and still very energetic. But his litter mate, Oakley, whom his owner placed in his home in Jakarta, is probably on scale 8 or 9. Both Troy and Oakley have had their hips photographed. Oakley's hip is farther off its socket. He (Oakley) could no longer walk long routes as the illness causes him pain.

I don't know if that ^^^ is helpful or not. Either ways whoever is going through that with their dog I hope it's not too severe of a case.