Help Me Please!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then tell them now that you want to be accompanied :o You certainly don't want to go alone. Don't negotiate the price any further (hanging onto the fact that this sounds a whole lot like a scam... sorry Stephanie) and just close the deal at $200. Or else he might not want to see you.

Well like i said the person hasnt responded my text message so i dont know when or where he wants to meet, therefore i cant tell the deputy yet to accompany me until i know the info [emoji17]

Ahha i kinda told him all i could get is 150 and cash only in the last text i sent.. No response from him yet /:

Stephanie Gonzalez

It looks like he's very afraid you're not going to pay him. I don't know about you but by this time I'd start snapping back.

"Look, dude, I don't know how to get a VISA prepaid card. All I want is to CHECK that dog in person to see whether he really is mine or not. If he's mine, I'll pay you on the spot. I must say though I wonder why you wouldn't let me see him before making sure I will pay you. Do you have my dog or not??"

Listening to me might not be a good idea though. I just don't want the guy to feel he's overly in control of the situation. You can't play victim forever.

OK I've just read about VISA prepaid cards. This is what worries me: a prepaid card would contain your card number and name. So that's personal info there. I'm afraid you will have to walk away from this one. This is sounding way too suspicious. I know you're dying to check whether it really is Snickers or not, but there are way too many red flags :(

EDIT: and now I'm reading about how people can hack into the account of a prepaid card and drain money. This link speaks more of the danger of using a prepaid card by yourself, but there are bits here and there that is relevant to your situation. http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/prepaid-cards-role-in-fraud-a-6693/op-1

Like this one:

There's always been a high level of fraud and money laundering associated with prepaid cards, ever since they were first issued in the 1990s. But the really big thing that's happened in the past year is that criminal hackers have started to exploit prepaid card systems; not just the cards themselves, but, equally as much, the back-office systems that banks use to manage their prepaid card products as a way to facilitate online banking fraud.

Sorry, stupid enter key. I have to be totally honest with you, I think there is zero change this person has your dog. There is no reason in the world why someone would not accept cash for payment for anything. Most people demand cash. Even his speech is very... Awkward. If he has the dog sitting there, he would just immediately snap a new pic of him. What kind of person would extort someone for their dog? If it's supposedly costing him money to take care of him wouldn't he just want you to come get him? Tell him to take him to the shelter so he doesn't have to pay for housing and and food anymore and you'll go pick him up tomorrow for forty bucks. This is a scam. This person will no give you an address until you send numbers from a card. That's how you can tell. Try calling the number they are texting from.

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

What she said *points above* :( Sorry Stephanie. I've been wanting to say "walk away" since the very start but at the same time I also know that you miss Snickers a lot, so I tried to figure out a way for you to at least check... but logically the best thing you can do now is walk away. This person does not have your dog.

That pic he sent you might simply be one he extracted from Google. He's using the fact that MinPins don't have a lot of marking varieties to his advantage. Might also explain why he can't get a pic of the dog in your blue collar. Have you tried putting that image in Google Image's "search by image" feature? It tells you a lot.

I guess it is a scam, everyone is telling me that.. I just want to see the dog and see if its Snickers.. Im not gonna lie i really wanna cry.. This person is making this so difficult. Why would people do that... I just want Snickers back [emoji20]

post-6386-0-03021100-1405881468_thumb.pn

Stephanie Gonzalez

Post edited by emma1979 to remove email address.

That pic he sent you might simply be one he extracted from Google. He's using the fact that MinPins don't have a lot of marking varieties to his advantage. Might also explain why he can't get a pic of the dog in your blue collar. Have you tried putting that image in Google Image's "search by image" feature? It tells you a lot.

I did search by image in google and no other pictures appeared of the dog, there was only pictures of wood floors but no dog pictures appeared

Stephanie Gonzalez

Steph I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. Even better, he better be glad I'm not in your shoes.

I guarantee you, I'd get the card and I'd send him the image, and as soon as he sent an address I'd be on his door step, pistol in hand and dare him to say word one!

I'd like to find out that he has Snickers, but more and ore I have to agree it sounds like someone is playing on your love of your dog to make a buck. And I can't think of a word that describes that that I can put on this forum (family forum, yes?)

Maybe he's just a guy that on hard times and figures that maybe this way he can come up with a few bucks; maybe it really has Snickers and he figures, like so many people do today, that you owe him ( and maybe you do, but this isn't the way to get it ).

This guy sounds like a new low in low-life ... but I know, you just want to know ....

The problem is we dont know if he'll send an address, that person might just get the info and just take off.. But i rly do wanna give it a try, everyone is against that though [emoji17]

And yeah maybe he does, maybe he doesnt. I cant say cuz i dont even know the person.. I cant believe people would do such a mean thing..

Stephanie Gonzalez