Help Me Please!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've read about this before so first off let me drill you with questions:

1) Does the founder have any evidence that he truly has Snickers in his possession?

2) Have you made sure it really is Snickers, not some other identical chocolate MinPin?

Before you confirmed those two, DO NOT send any money. There are too much scams nowadays.

That's a scam. Even if he's a jerk that wants money in return, he should still let you come and see your dog in person. Ask for him to take a picture of the dog with today's newspaper (or any other object) in it. If he refuses, then I'm afraid he doesn't have your dog :(

I'll ask him to take a pic with something current, hope he sends me a pic back..

And i did call the non-emergency number. The dispatcher told me she'll have a deputy call me but its taking a while so i called back and she sounded irritated when i asked about how long it takes for them to call.. She basically told me priority first and i doubt they'll make my dog priority first.

Stephanie Gonzalez

I guess so, i want them to call me alreadyy.. but i wouldnt have been so edgy if it werent for the guy txting me to go get him already.. Apparently he cant keep him any longer cuz its "too much" and hes had him a week and 2 days.. I know my Snickers would not be 500 or even 200 dlls for food and sheltering for that little amount of time.

Stephanie Gonzalez

Edited by Stephanie Gonzalez

agree with Tiffany, but like Liv, I have a couple of questions

Do you have caller id on your phone and did it show a number? 

I know you have posters out but did he say how he got your number?  Is it on Snickers tag?  Does snickers have tags and if he does, can you get him to read it to you - verifying that it is Snickers.

Do you live in the city or outside (ABQ, right?) you might get a better response from the county.  If there's an animal control office, you might also try them.

Emphasis here:  DO NOT GO TO SEE HIM BY YOURSELF!!!  Get a male friend, get a policeman, get someone!

Edited by Al Jones

agree with Tiffany, but like Liv, I have a couple of questions

Do you have caller id on your phone and did it show a number?

I know you have posters out but did he say how he got your number? Is it on Snickers tag? Does snickers have tags and if he does, can you get him to read it to you - verifying that it is Snickers.

Do you live in the city or outside (ABQ, right?) you might get a better response from the county. If there's an animal control office, you might also try them.

Emphasis here: DO NOT GO TO SEE HIM BY YOURSELF!!! Get a male friend, get a policeman, get someone!

I do have his number, the talk with him has been all thru txt messages. And he told he just saw the flyers today being that ive had em up since last week.. And sadly no he had no tags on him, he has his tags off at home and on him when we go out. I think i live outside, and i'll try to see if theres an animal control office around here.

Stephanie Gonzalez

is that the kind of collar your pup wore even?

No my pup had a blue collar and he sent me one with a red collar, he claims it to be his collar and leash tho and he has other dogs /:

Stephanie Gonzalez

that doesn't sound like it's your dog. I don't know why they would change the collar, sounds suspicious.

So you can bring that number to the police station and make them track it for you! Then you can knock on his door and see the dog in person (with the officer in tow)! :o

alright somebody tell me if that's a bad plan

it's a good idea! if the police will do it..

No, Baylee, if the dog has been with him for nine days then collar change is not much of an evidence of scam. But the sole fact that he doesn't want Stephanie to come over and check the dog in person is!

I don't know how it goes over there, but down here number tracking is very common. Maybe it's someone receiving promotional calls three times a day in odd hours. Maybe it's someone in Stephanie's shoes. Police officers do it all day, all the time. So as long as you have a strong reason why you need to track a number and you can prove it, they'd do it.

Welll the deputy actually showed up at my house right now but they cant do anything about it.. Apparently its not a ransom and he cant track the number. And since we dont know if they stole him or if he escaped from my backyward its hard for them to do anything about it or get a warrant.. Its all civil is what he told me. If i want i could have a deputy with me to make sure its good but thats about it...

Stephanie Gonzalez

Aw snap! :( but I'm guessing since he's so eager to have you pick him up, he's willing to give you his address? You can pretend to go along with his money deal and get his address (or meet-up somewhere) that way. Then you can get that deputy to accompany you.

Aw snap! :( but I'm guessing since he's so eager to have you pick him up, he's willing to give you his address? You can pretend to go along with his money deal and get his address (or meet-up somewhere) that way. Then you can get that deputy to accompany you.

that's what I was thinking exactly ^

and if it's your dog, I guess see if you can negotiate the price more and if not, make payment plans? as crappy as that is. /:

sorry this is happening to you :(

Well i texted him and he hasnt answered me.. Ntm he wants a pre-paid card but the deputy told me cash only so i texted him that as well but no response yet from him..

He did tell me they can accompany me but id have to tell them in advance.

I will, i'll try to negotiate with him, he dropped it from 500 to 200 as it is for him [emoji17]

Stephanie Gonzalez